We are looking for a strong and personable leader to add to our existing team as we make the most of the upcoming season Lawn and Garden season in Home Depot, Rona, Lowe's, and Canadian Tires retail locations in the Calgary Area.
The Team Leader will be a liaison between our Area Managers and the merchandising representatives in the field. The Team Leader will be responsible for communicating and executing area specific merchandising and promotional initiatives while working with managers to create, execute and track initiatives.
Outlined below are the main responsibilities of a Team Lead:
- As a team lead, you will be responsible to perform and oversee day to day operations for merchandising teams in your area.
- Initiatives and store-specific issues will be communicated each week from the company market managers, you will be responsible for having your team complete them accordingly.
- You will be developing and maintaining relationships with key store personnel.
- Together with your merchandising team, you will develop and execute innovative merchandising strategies at the store level.
- Conduct weekly store visits to remain familiar with competitor strategies and retailer merchandising needs.
- Communicate with in-store managers for display approvals and to ensure our products are aligned to current specifications and objectives.
- Travelling to stores in your assigned area to meet with your teams and direct in-store activities (car required)
• Prior experience in the merchandising field
• Prior experience in management of a small team
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
• Proficiency in communication including: e-mail, web reporting, Excel and Word
• Pro-active, willing to address difficult issues head-on
• Ability to work in a team, outside the line of formal authority, to accomplish our goals and to identify and resolve issues
• Skills in time management and coordinating activities of a work-team
This job will be compensated at $16/hour. It will begin towards the end of February and run until the end of June. Full training will be provided. 20-25 Weekday hours can be expected.
Additional weekday and weekend work is available and can be discussed.
Please forward your resume as we will begin contacting candidates shortly.
About Ex-Sell Sales & Merchandising:
Ex-Sell Sales & Merchandising is a 3rd party marketing company representing many brands in multiple retail segments. We have a national network of merchandisers and brand ambassadors across many different contracts, and have a long history of proven success in different types of retail campaigns.
Posted 5 years ago