Vision, Medical, 401K, Dental, Life
We are seeking a quoting and manufacturing process planner to join our Team! This position is responsible for the translation of CUSTOMER prints/models, quoting and developing the processes to manufacture consistent and efficient parts, writing and verifying specifications, maintaining product process by using basic and sound principles.
Help support best practice for control of programs and documentation as well as supply insightful input for recommendations and quotes for new and repeat parts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Replying to Customer Quote requests and returning the finish Quote in a Timely manner
- Design and develop manufacturing processes for new products, product changes and enhancements as requested by CUSTOMER in blueprint/model form.
- Develops and improves manufacturing processes by studying product and manufacturing methods. Optimize machining processes making improvements to current operations to improve efficiency. Recommend and implement cost reductions.
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from machinist and operators.
- Analysis and review of software requirements to determine feasibility of design with time, quality and cost constraints.
- Interfaces with other departments such as Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality and other departments to resolve production problems.
- Optimize and document machine setup processes, standardize processes.
- Designing & troubleshooting fixtures.
- Developing process prints, as necessary.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Engineering or equivalent experience
- CNC Machining experience.
- Experience with modern machining methods.
- Knowledge of ISO and Lean Manufacturing.
- Strong documentation and technical writing skills.
- Proficiency with Cadcam software and MS Office tools
- Willingness to accept responsibility and take ownership for projects.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of responsibility, strong work ethic, and willingness to put forth extra effort when necessary independently.
- Highly organized, detail orientated and able to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Continuous Improvement, Customer Service Excellence, Integrity, Trust, Respect and Team Spirit.
About Evans Machine Co., Inc.:
EMI is a precision manufacturing facility. Our focus is on producing precision-machined parts for many industries - supporting our clients needs all the way through the process; from design and engineering to final quality inspection. We also focus on hiring great talent and investing in new equipment.
10 months ago