Posted 2 years ago in Accounting/Finance
The candidate will provide leadership and coordination of the company’s Finance Department and deal mainly with Budget Management, Financial Planning, Accounting management and ensure that the company is in compliance with all of the Federal, State and the local legal and regulatory agencies.
· Oversee the daily operations of the Accounting department and manage two other employees in Accounting.
· Oversee the preparation of all financial reports, outlooks and forecasts.
· Analyze monthly operating results against the budgets.
· Prepare financial analysis for contract negotiations and product investment decisions.
· Coordinate the financial planning and budget management for the company.
· Set benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance.
· Compliance with local, state, and federal budgetary reporting requirements.
· Help with making short and long term goals, objectives and operating policies and procedures.
· Work with all department managers to develop five year business plans.
· Design, establish, and maintain an organizational structure to effectively reach the departments goals and objectives.
· The person will serve on any planning and policy making committees.
· The person will serve as a primary government contact in regards to any financial issues.
· Responsible for recruiting, training, supervise, and evaluate accounting staff.
· Will also provide any accounting orientation and provide policies to any new accounting staff.
· Will work with management to ensure that the company objectives are met.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business with a strong experience in Accounting and Finance. A possession of a Master’s Degree in those fields is a plus.
· Over 7 years of experience in a senior level of finance or accounting position.
· Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
· Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations.
· Able to analyze financial and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
· Knowledge of short and long term budgeting and forecasting and product-line profitability analysis.
· Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within timeframes and manage several projects.
· Good communication and computer skills.
Browse vp of finance jobs in Johnstown, New York: