Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Senior Tax Accountant Jobs in Rockville, MD
Corporate Senior Tax Accountant - Montgomery County, MD
The ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES will be:
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare tax returns and other reports. Prepares income, premium, use, intangible, and personal property tax returns. Maintains tax records and prepares miscellaneous tax studies and assignments.
- Assists in preparing complex statistical and financial reports. Analyzes and summarizes tax information and prepares reports of recommendations.
- Oversees the preparation of FAS109 and Statutory tax provisions.
- Provides functional advice and/or training to less-experiences tax accountants.
- Recommends and implements improvements to the Company’s tax program to ensure compliance with current laws.
- Coordinates and directs inter-departmental and inter-entity reporting of tax-related activity.
- Keeps abreast of tax law changes, and researches tax issues using tax research tools.
- Performs other duties as required.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Master’s degree or CPA desirable. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Previous (5-7 years) related tax and/or accounting experience required, including previous tax return preparation.
- Broad knowledge of corporate income taxation, generally accepted accounting principles, applications and accounting systems.
- Proficient in a variety of tax and other financial software, including excellent spreadsheet skills.
- Must be extremely accurate and detail oriented.
- Excellent communication, analytical and report writing skills required.
Company offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and 401k.
***We will also look at lighter candidates that could fit a Staff Tax Accountant role so please forward your MS Word resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested!***
About Essential Search Partners:
Teresa Buchholz and Jay Zanone worked together for over a decade at Spherion. They both started their careers as degreed accountants with hands-on experience in the discipline. Collectively, Teresa and Jay bring over 30 years of Executive Search experience to the Washington DC Market. They are both award-winning Executive Search Recruiters having consistently led their search firms in terms of production, staff development and community involvement. They pride themselves with consistent delivery based on quality, integrity and outstanding customer service. They have personally interviewed and counseled thousands of candidates and hiring managers, building business relationships based on confidence and trust in their ability to best represent talent in this market.
Posted 4 years ago
Browse Senior Tax Accountant jobs in Rockville, Maryland:
Senior Tax Accountant - Flexible Hours
Monarch CPA Services in Rockville, MD
Posted 11 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Senior Tax Accountant
Lydon Fetterolf Corydon in Rockville, MD
Posted 25 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Auditor/Sr. Tax Accountant
Myrick CPA in Washington, DC
Posted 19 days ago on ZipRecruiter