Our client, a nationally publically traded company exceeding $10B in revenues is looking for a Senior Tax Accountant in their corporate headquarters to work with our Corporate Tax team. This role is responsible for coordinating complex projects associated with the maintenance of tax for the Corporate tax function, including the preparation of income tax returns and other related reports. Develops solutions to a variety of complex tax problems. Coordinates tax accounting matters with other departments, health plans, and divisions.
The ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES will be:
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare tax returns and other reports. Prepares income, premium, use, intangible, and personal property tax returns. Maintains tax records and prepares miscellaneous tax studies and assignments.
- Assists in preparing complex statistical and financial reports. Analyzes and summarizes tax information and prepares reports of recommendations.
- Oversees the preparation of FAS109 and Statutory tax provisions.
- Provides functional advice and/or training to less-experiences tax accountants.
- Recommends and implements improvements to the Company’s tax program to ensure compliance with current laws.
- Coordinates and directs inter-departmental and inter-entity reporting of tax-related activity.
- Keeps abreast of tax law changes, and researches tax issues using tax research tools.
- Performs other duties as required.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Master’s degree or CPA desirable. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Previous (5-7 years) related tax and/or accounting experience required, including previous tax return preparation.
- Broad knowledge of corporate income taxation, generally accepted accounting principles, applications and accounting systems.
- Proficient in a variety of tax and other financial software, including excellent spreadsheet skills.
- Must be extremely accurate and detail oriented.
- Excellent communication, analytical and report writing skills required.
Company offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and 401k.
***We will also look at lighter candidates that could fit a Staff Tax Accountant role so please forward your MS Word resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested!***
About Essential Search Partners:
Teresa Buchholz and Jay Zanone worked together for over a decade at Spherion. They both started their careers as degreed accountants with hands-on experience in the discipline. Collectively, Teresa and Jay bring over 30 years of Executive Search experience to the Washington DC Market. They are both award-winning Executive Search Recruiters having consistently led their search firms in terms of production, staff development and community involvement. They pride themselves with consistent delivery based on quality, integrity and outstanding customer service. They have personally interviewed and counseled thousands of candidates and hiring managers, building business relationships based on confidence and trust in their ability to best represent talent in this market.
Posted 3 years ago
Finance and Insurance,