eSentio Technologies is a leading provider of technology consulting and implementation services to law firms and corporate legal departments. Our clients include some of the largest and most technically advanced law firms in the country. Our teams of consultants are industry leaders who are among the most experienced in their fields. Our consultants are frequent speakers at industry conferences, have written numerous articles and are regularly quoted in industry publications.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for planning and coordinating all activities on client-facing projects, including creating project plans, monitoring project status, facilitating project meetings, managing risk, controlling scope, ensuring the quality of project deliverables and adhering to the project budget. This role is a telecommute role and can be based anywhere in the United States or Canada.
- Adhere to and advance our project management best practices in all areas - estimation, startup, execution, and closeout.
- Consult clients on the creation and maintenance of a Project Management Office (PMO) when appropriate.
- Interact with clients to understand their business and to anticipate IT solutions based on business and technical knowledge. Manage (educate and influence) the business project sponsor.
- Review project team deliverables to ensure quality (design walk-through, test results, etc.) and adherence to standards/ regulatory requirements.
- Develop and maintain project plans, budget and status updates, resource assignments, etc., following existing eSentio project management best practices methodologies.
- Provide direct supervision and mentoring of project team members during the project. Provide project performance feedback to the team member's supervisor/manager.
- Work closely with Directors and key managers to ensure effective coordination and integration of related consulting and technical services.
- Participate in the research, analysis, selection, and implementation of new tools, technologies and/or services.
- 3+ years of experience working for an Am Law 200 firm or consulting in the legal vertical is required.
- 5+ years of experience as a project manager.
- 3+ years of experience with complex, large-scale implementations and product rollouts.
- Experience establishing or participating in the establishment of a PMO is desirable.
- Experience with managing multiple projects in parallel.
- Extensive Microsoft Project experience is required.
- Alternative PM tools experience is desirable.
- Previous experience as technical or business consultant is a plus.
- PMP certification preferred.
- ITIL certification preferred.
- Six Sigma certification preferred.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills as well as presentation experience.
- Track record of speaking and writing on law firm project management issues, including speaking at conferences.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.