Sorry, this job was closed 12 days ago. See all open Support Analyst Jobs in Seattle, WA
Product Quality and Support Analyst
Compensation$60,000 to $80,000 Annually
Benefits Offered401K, Life, Vision, Medical, Dental
Equal Opportunity Schools is an education not-for-profit organization dedicated to changing lives and narrowing the achievement gap by addressing inequity in our schools, especially among students who are Latino, African American, or low income is seeking talented Product Quality and Support Analysts to join our rapidly growing, continuously improving, high-impact, mission-driven team.
The Product Quality and Support Analyst plays a vital role at EOS, ensuring the completeness, accuracy, and reliability of the applications and data systems produced by the Product Development team. You work closely with the EOS developers, data analysts, and our customer representative team to create and improve high-quality products.
The Product Development Team, your team, is responsible for the smooth running and maintenance, as well as identifying and implementing new features for what we call "the portal", a suite of web-based tools that allow our clients and staff to submit data, track progress on projects, review data, and communicate.
You will be part test developer, part deployment engineer, and part support engineer. We need you to take ownership of these areas and have fun with them. We recognize you may need to grow into one or more of these roles but Equal Opportunity Schools believes in the value of learning. As an organization, we recognize that education is a life-long pursuit and that people do grow into and out of positions. We support this ethic by providing the assistance and training necessary to facilitate personal and professional growth. If you do have some but not all the qualifications below and are interested in the position, we very much encourage you to apply.
We are looking for someone that:
- Works collaboratively with others
- Thinks critically and can focus on details
- Has a bachelor degree in Computer Science, or 2+ years relevant coding experience
- Embraces agile methodologies
- Is familiar with Ruby on Rails with some degree of technical training
- Understands git concepts such and merging and branching
During a two week sprint our Product Quality and Support Analyst might do the following:
- Collaborate on the requirements for a new feature, including its design and implementation
- Analyze and verify new features before merging them into the product
- Review an existing feature for opportunities to improve speed or memory performance
- Provide critical feedback and recommendations on a developer's test suite
- Coordinate a web deployment of sprint's worth of work from the team
- Troubleshoot a customer issue that was escalated to our team
- Keep an eye on platform and service alerts and performance issues
- Investigate an issue, analyze the cause and recommend process improvements to prevent reoccurrence
- Implement tools and processes to improve quality of work the developers produce
Equal Opportunity Schools is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer.
Equal Opportunity Schools considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law. Equal Opportunity Schools provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures and/or process.
About Equal Opportunity Schools:
The Equal Opportunity Schools (EOS) is a growth-stage, education-reform not-for-profit that changes lives and narrows the achievement gap by collaborating with superintendents and principals to address an inequity in our schools: under-enrollment in the best academic programs especially of students who are Latino, African-American, or low-income. EOS identifies these missing students who we have shown can succeed at the highest academic levels within their schools and works to transition them into the best, college-bound classes. Because our mission is to find all two-thirds of a million "missing students" within the decade, EOS seeks to hire candidates who have the skills to succeed on a rapidly growing, continuously improving, high-impact, mission-driven team.
EOS has just launched major national collaborations with the US Department of Ed, College Board, International Baccalaureate Organization, and education funders to find 100K missing students in three years. This work, called "Lead Higher" was announced through the President's My Brother's Keeper Initiative.
Posted date: 1 month ago
Browse Support Analyst jobs in Seattle, Washington: