We are looking for a stellar Java Developer to develop and enhance our web service based product. The ideal candidate is a strong software developer who follows good software practices and believes in creating a long-term, maintainable and largely bug-free code. You would be joining a team of creative and smart software developers developing software platform, which powers many popular websites. We offer a dynamic and creative working environment along with great benefits and competitive compensation.
- Developing new features for a Java based framework providing web service interface
- Write social plugins for Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, etc for our Content Management System (CMS)
- Strong knowledge of CS fundamentals with a Bachelors and/or Masters in Computer Science/Computer Engineering
- 3-4 years of experience in software programming in corporate culture
- Proven ability to design and produce stable/extendible software architecture
- Experience with Grizzly/Hibernate/MySQL is desired
- Attention to detail and a “Can do” positive attitude
- Deep understanding of object oriented architecture
- Ability to multi task and learn fast, taking initiative to figure things out using methods like debugging
- Strong coding ethics such as extendible and reusable code design, code commenting, source control branching/tagging, testing before master commit
EQAL, Inc. is a leading media company based in North Hollywood, CA, that builds and powers influencer networks around celebrities and brands. Our sites combine content publishing and social networking features in a unique and engaging way. We work with major brands and talent including Kraft, Walgreens, Alicia Silverstone and Lauren Conrad.