Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open E Commerce Architect Jobs in Irving, TX
eCommerce Architect (Retail)
Position will “Architect” the entire Web Store Platform. Seven of the key components they will influence will include the selection and sometimes creation of the following: eCommerce Engine, Content Management, Metrics, Navigation/Search, Bolt-Ons (Store Locaters, etc.), eGift Cards, SEO, and others.
Serve as the eCommerce “subject matter expert” Enterprise Architect/Digital Solutions Architect for the entire company, which is currently selling B2C digital products online, but is in its infancy as far as selling general merchandise products that can be found in our stores. The primary Business-facing technical resource and focuses on systems rather than on specific technologies and, as a result, converts business requirements into cost effective strategic solutions that address identified business challenges. Consults with project teams to fit projects to the enterprise architecture standards and makes decisions on exceptions. Also responsible for defining the architecture review process and integrating it within departmental and business processes.
Responsible to act as visionary and strategist for solution Business area Responsible for end-to-end architectural integrity and the relationship with other projects within the context of a given Business Program. Manages the application portfolio architecture stack to develop, maintain and govern the overall solution.
Develops high level functional and architectural requirements and approves detailed designs developed by 3rd party suppliers. Responsible to provide expertise to identify and translate system requirements into software design documentation. Required to decide which technologies to use. They work very closely with developers to ensure proper implementation. They are the link between the needs of the organization and the developers.
Required to maintain a full software development lifecycle perspective and concern themself with maintaining consistency with industry standards and delivery capabilities
Leads the analysis of the current IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommends solutions for improvement.
Evaluates, sets, and maintains technical standards. Leads the creation and evolution of the technical architecture based on business requirements considering long term cost and performance.
- BA/BS Degree
- Computer Science, or related field of study
- Certification(s) in architecture and/or design.
- Good working knowledge of architecture frameworks.
- Web Services and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- MUST HAVE current IT solutions architecture experience from within an eCommerce or eRetailer environment (selling products and/or creative digital solutions online to consumers).
- Must be a B2C Digital eCommerce expert with strong understanding of information solution technologies within the web/digital space.
- Good working knowledge of architecture frameworks.
- 10+ technical experience in information technology, including at least 3 years’ of progressive experience as an IT Solutions Architect
- Experience in diverse systems and application design in large heterogeneous enterprise environments is essential. Strong application development experience.
- Strong understanding of technologies in web/digital space with experience in eCommerce environment
- Experience with technology architecture and design of key retail components including (but not limited to): Retail and N-tiered web-based systems.
- Understanding of modern IT production data center and Internet (ISP/ASP) hosting operations
- Knowledge of infrastructure components, middleware, SOA, UML, Data Modeling, and Architecture repositories
- A strong track record of translating business requirements into technology solutions, with a balance between conceptual and technical architecture skills, is mandatory.
- Ability to communicate effectively with business and vendor representatives at all levels as well as maintain strong relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding leadership and team building skills
- Keep up to date and understand best practices and methodologies
- Retail IS experience strongly preferred
About ePlus Staffing Solutions:
ePlus is a leading integrator of technology solutions. Through ePlus Staffing Solutions, we work in tandem with our clients to deliver high quality staffing services including temp, temp to hire, and direct placements. Our partnerships include some of the most recognizable companies in the industry: Apple, Check Point, Cisco, Citrix, Dell, EMC, HP, IBM, Microsoft, NetApp, Oracle, VCE, VMware, and Xerox. These partnerships enable us to place our candidates with companies that utilize cutting edge technology, allowing for greater career development and job satisfaction. Our goal is to provide the perfect match of candidate to client.
Posted date: 4 years ago
Browse E Commerce Architect jobs in Irving, Texas:
Senior Software Architect (eCommerce & Hybris) - Relo to Atlanta
SoftVision - North America & UK in Dallas, TX
Posted 26 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Hybris/E-Commerce, Sr. Manager/Architect
ObjectWin Technology, Inc. in Richardson, TX
Posted 13 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Dallas - Solutions Architect (Web/eCommerce)
First Group America in Dallas, TX
Posted 13 days ago on StartWire