EPB has an immediate opening for a Web Developer in its IT Division.
The Web Developer’s primary responsibilities are server-side development, support, and maintenance of current, pending, and future customer-facing online projects, as well as the technology stacks on which these applications depend.
The Individual Must:
- Develop and support the underlying software that powers EPB’s customer-facing and internal applications and websites.
- Collaborate on and develop technical architecture, third-party integration, and final implementation of EPB’s server-side, data-driven applications.
- Understand project requirements and potential impact on existing applications and user interface/user experience.
- Maintain awareness of potential technical pitfalls.
- Provide insight and recommendations on the best technological solutions available to meet EPB’s evolving business and product needs.
- Possess a solid understanding of client-side technologies and limitations to provide seamless collaboration during development and support tasks.
- Provide sound resource management with respect to project deliveries.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must have a four year college degree from an accredited college in Computer Science or related field. (An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.)
- Must possess a minimum of 3-5 years of web and application programming experience.
- A Github account is encouraged and welcome--if you have one, please submit your Github username with your application.
- Must have the ability to work within project-specific development environments and multiple programming languages.
- Must possess a track record of understanding project expectations and delivering to a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Must possess the ability to understand and work within the constructs of project processes, scope, and schedules
- Must have the experience in identifying, documenting, and verifying technical requirements; identifying and mitigating risks; and providing accurate and timely technical status reports.
- Must have solid communication skills, particularly when discussing technical issues related to projects.
Programming Languages, Platforms, and Frameworks:
- The Web Developer will work on a team whose work consists of and depends on the following technologies and skills.
Software used daily:
- Objective-C and iOS*
- Android and Java*
- .NET and C#*
- SQL / NoSQL
- SOAP & XML
- Shell scripts
Other tasks and skills:
- Mac OS X
- Bash, Zsh, or other shell
- TextMate and Emacs
- Virtual machines for development and cross-platform testing
- Custom internal tools
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Debugging applications
- Test-driven development
- Reliable code commenting
- Strong understanding of git workflow
- * These items are representative of current and/or future software application needs, but are not a part of daily development tasks.
The incumbent will frequently be required to sit and type, with occasional need to work overtime or unusual hours according to business necessity.
Please apply on-line at: https://epb.vikus.net/app/?p=Oegkf_-lBTiEWz7ZPgQ0TXnmFXY1
Public Utility and Telecommunications