Remote Sensing Operator - Northern Virginia program
- Daily set up, operation and break down of a remote on-road motor vehicle emissions sensor
- Work long hours in a mobile unit without a break room
- Compile and deliver collected emissions data periodically, as instructed.
- Support data processing activities as needed.
- Operate computer software to edit license plate data for RSD records collected.
- Maintain performance and appearance of assigned company vehicle and associated equipment.
- Maintain service log on company vehicle and activity log on data collection.
- Drive to designated data collection sites
- Keep personal safety and motorist safety as the first priority by following proper safety procedures.
- Follow local codes, and safety procedures, erect proper signage and cones for equipment set up.
- Maintain contact with administrator/supervisor
- Other duties as assigned by administrator/supervisor.
- Days may vary: typically Monday-Thursday (Fridays on occasion)
- Hours: 40 hours/week (4- 10's) Afternoon shifts available
- Significant local travel required
- Occasional overnight travel between one-two weeks per year
Required SkillsMinimum Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2-5 years of automotive experience preferred
- Basic knowledge of Windows based applications
- Prolonged periods of standing, sitting, stooping, bending, crawling, and crouching required
- Must possess a valid driver's license and have clean driving record
- Must be capable of properly lifting 75 pounds from ground level to chest level
- Ability to work outside normal working hours, overtime, and in extreme hot and cold conditions
- Verbal and written English communication skills.
- DOS command knowledge.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Effectively communicate equipment problems to technical support personnel.
- Problem solving skills.
- Good organizational and housekeeping skills
- Ability to use mechanical and electronic tools and equipment
- Ability to read maps and follow driving directions
2 months ago