Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Technical Buyer Jobs in Richmond, VA
Technical Buyer Purchasing Logistics Engineer #3
Full time opportunity for a Senior Buyer for a manufacturing company located north of Charleston. MUST have current experience in
chemical packaging sources and packaging trends in the specialty chemical industry
Recent college graduates with Four Year Engineering Degrees who would like a career with an international company in Chemical or Mechanical buying will be considered.
- Packaging vendors, freight carriers, contractors, technical parts suppliers and capital equipment suppliers, Engineering Degree
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related field with a Masters degree strongly preferred
Minimum ten to fifteen (10 to 15) years progressive experience in technical purchasing, energy management and/or vendor relations better if acquired in a chemical manufacturing company
Proven track record of working successfully on major capital projects with on time delivery and start ups at or under budget
A STABLE WORK HISTORY IS REQUIRED
Position reports to the Purchasing Manager
Leads the purchasing function in the areas of technical parts selection and pricing, energy management and conservation, vendor and contractor identification and selection, etc. through close coordination with engineering and other related functions. This position reports to the Purchasing Manager and is part of the company purchasing team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Negotiates pricing/contracts/consignments with utilities, packaging vendors, freight carriers, contractors, technical parts suppliers and capital equipment suppliers
- Broadens vendor base by continuously establishing new business relationships
- Facilitates meetings with various vendors and suppliers
- Monitors periodically all utility/energy markets and suppliers
- Maintains and reviews all vendor/contractor contracts for legal interpretation of terms and conditions
- Participates on Project Management Teams in coordination with the Engineering and Maintenance groups, assure the procurement of key equipment
- Keeps current on chemical packaging sources and packaging trends in the specialty chemical industry
- Develops management reports on trends and anticipates cost increases/decreases and provides projections to management in a timely manner
- Standardizes unit costs and fair market pricing
- Conducts audits to vendor sites for vendor qualification
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Travel is up to 25%
Some relocation assistance is available.
Specialty Chemical Company
Posted 4 years ago
Browse Technical Buyer jobs in Richmond, Virginia: