Performs field patient care. The EMT should strive to achieve and maintain high levels of patient care and clinical performance. The medical and clinical performance standards will be in accordance with documented protocols, practices, and Medical Control Board directives; in the best interest of the patient; and confined to the scope of practice for an EMT for the State of Oklahoma.Note***
You must possess and maintain current Oklahoma motor vehicle operator’s license and be within company guidelines. Must be a minimum of 20 years of age with no more than two moving violations in the past three years.
(FOR COMPLETE and detailed
EMSA's EMT Job Description
Click APPLY now or visit
https://www.ems-jobs.com/OnBoard/JobBoard/PositionDetail.aspx?Id=384)Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct self in an ethical, professional manner; project a positive self/company/system image.
- Demonstrate the ability to follow the directions of the Clinical/Operations Supervisors, System Status Controllers, and Regional Director.
- Work with physicians, nurses, public safety agencies, the general public, and other allied healthcare professionals as the need arises.
- Understand and adhere to all documented clinical standards and clinical performance criteria as set by the Medical Director.
- Adhere to all probationary recommendations, remedial training recommendations, and suggestions for improvement of patient care and job standards.
- Achieve and maintain high levels of patient care and clinical performance by meeting continuing education requirements and by maintaining job performance skills through education and practice.
- Follow medical care practices as documented in the medical protocols and as mandated by the Medical Control Board. The scope of medical practice will be confined to medical practice as defined by the Oklahoma Department of Health unless otherwise specified by directives or protocols from the Medical Director.
- Responsible for overall care and safe transportation of patients assigned to the crew by the System Status Controller.
- Responsible for safe transport of patient to and from ambulance. This includes lifting of patient to and from a backboard, stretcher, or equivalent, and maneuvering patients past any obstacles encountered while moving the patient to the ambulance.
- When assigned as an Operator/Driver, will be responsible for the operation of assigned ambulance under control at all times and in accordance with approved company policy on safe and efficient ambulance operation.
- Responsible for the care, use and appearance of assigned ambulance and equipment. Must be familiar with all equipment placement on unit and have a complete, accurate documented inventory of all equipment.
- Must report to assigned shift in a timely fashion as dictated by company policy.
- Must be physically and mentally ready to respond to all calls in time periods as dictated by company policy.
- Must immediately report to appropriate authority any malfunctions and/or damage to any equipment or ambulances whether the crew was using or operating the equipment at the time of the damage or malfunction. A written report must also be submitted in accordance with company policy
- Must submit a verbal and written report of any injuries sustained to self, co-workers, or patients to appropriate authority and submit to follow-up procedures as dictated by company policy.
- Must follow guidelines and standards as set forth by The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and the company's Infection Control policies and procedures.
- Must support, properly interpret, and implement any policies, protocols, standard operating procedures, philosophies, or other directives as set forth by the company or other regulatory agencies.
- Conforms to dress code and personal hygiene standards.
(FOR COMPLETE and detailed EMSA's EMT Job Description please
Click APPLY now or visit