Sorry, this job was closed 3 years ago. See all open Tax Manager Jobs in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Position Type: Full-time, Salaried
The primary duties of this position are to ensure payroll taxes are prepared, filed and paid in an accurate and timely manner. Payroll tax returns are customarily defined as Federal Employment Taxes, Federal Unemployment Taxes, State and Local Employment Taxes, and State Unemployment Taxes.
This position will manage and supervise the unemployment claims team, as well as payroll tax administrators, assign work among the payroll tax administrators and resolve questions and technical issues arising from the payroll tax administrators and unemployment claims team.
Experience in high volume environments working with multiple clients is a plus. Experience in a business-to-business environment is also desirable.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Supervision of Payroll Tax Processing:
- Make daily, monthly, quarterly or annual tax deposits for all assigned Federal, State and Local payroll tax returns on a timely basis
- Prepare and file all assigned Federal, State and Local quarterly and annual payroll tax returns on a timely basis
- Oversee returns and remittances of up to $100K approval authority
- Recommend SUTA planning strategies and buy-downs to CFO
- Back up all assigned Federal, State, and Local quarterly and annual payroll tax returns prepared
- Perform balancing and reconciliation of payroll taxes paid and tax returns prepared
- Maintain and document all processes being performed
- Research all tax technical issues related to assigned Federal, State and Local quarterly and annual tax returns prepared
- Respond and resolve all tax notices received from governmental tax authorities related to the assigned payroll tax returns
- Respond and resolve all issues and questions arising from clients or management related to assigned Federal, State and Local payroll tax returns.
- Supervise unemployment claims staff.
- Distribute and assign tax returns amongst payroll tax accountants in a fair and equitable manner taking into account volume and nature of the work and technical ability of each payroll tax accountant.
- Answer and resolve questions and technical issues arising from the payroll tax accountants.
- Perform other administrative functions or duties requested by Management
Building collaborative relationships
Minimum: Associates degree in Accounting or 1-3 years combined equivalent of work experience and education
3-5 years in the field; 1-2 years managing/supervising others
Computer Software Skills Required:
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
**Only qualified candidates need apply.
***PLEASE: No phone calls. If your background and experience align closely with the job description, we will contact you. Thank you.
employology is a recruitment process outsourcing firm with a national network of specialized recruiters. We pride ourselves on connecting high quality candidates with the best employers and we have job openings across the country in a variety of industries. employology connects Work to People and People to Work (SM).
Posted 3 years ago
Browse Tax Manager jobs in Fort Lauderdale, Florida:
State and Local Tax Manager
Kunin Associates in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posted 9 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Kunin Associates in Boca Raton, FL
Posted 3 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Tax Manager - Direct Entry Partner
Client Staffing Solutions in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posted 20 days ago on ZipRecruiter