Your feedback helps keep ZipRecruiter safe.
Learn more about how to recognize common online scams
“A place where you can make an impact and move through the ranks. A place you can call home.”
Are you in a company where your growth into a project manager is stifled or too far in the future?
Do you want to work for a company where your growth is a measure of the company’s growth?
Does working with a winning team motivate and challenge you to be the best you can be?
Have you worked with a general contracting commercial construction company for 3 or more years?
If you said “yes” to these questions, we want to speak with you.
We seek an Assistant Project Manager with 3-5 years’ experience working with a general contractor and a desire to be a Project Manager one day. Candidates have several years’ experience working as an Assistant Project Manager or Project Engineer on a project team which has successfully completed construction projects.
Key Roles/Responsibilities include:
- Sets up newly awarded projects
- Assist Project Manager with development and negotiation of subcontractor scopes and awards
- Interface with subcontractors, field personnel and owners to ensure timely and effective communication regarding project matters
- Prepare documents/reports for weekly progress meeting, attend meeting, and write Meeting Minutes for review by the Project Manager.
- Fulfill requests made by Project Manager, Field Personnel and/or other project team members
- Attend weekly progress meeting
- Assist Project Manager with any tasks related to the successful management and completion of a project
- Process RFIs and Submittals
- Process and track Change Orders
- Print and keep up-to-date construction documents and distribute to the field
- Keep logs, paperwork and files up-to-date and complete
Qualified candidates have the following skills, knowledge, and experience:
- 3 to 5 years’ construction and assistant project management experience, preferably working with a general contracting firm
- A strong desire to grow and develop into a Project Manager
- Computer literate in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and construction management software; Procore preferred
- Knowledgeable in general construction, construction plans and documentation
- Experience in working with subcontractors
- Experience with construction paperwork, i.e., RFI’s, submittals, change orders
- Proactive with ability to anticipate and solve problems before they arise
- Capacity to coordinate multiple tasks through superior time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Works collaboratively and holds oneself to very high standards
- BS or BA degree from an accredited college. Construction or Project Management desired
We offer a competitive salary and benefits and a fun, challenging, and rewarding work environment.
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume and salary history. No calls accepted.
We are current with CDC regulations and requirements.
ECI is a multi-generational business, founded in 1974 by John Eichberg. Our team is guided by Mr. Eichberg’s code of personal ethics and inspired by his dedication to ECI and his clients and employees. CEO John Doyle joined in 1979 and President Jay Eichberg came aboard full time in 1989. Project Executives Kevin Connelly and Dan Kolakoski joined in 2003 and 2004. Executive Coordinator Debbie Rodgers joined in 2007 and helps keep ECI running smoothly. Following Kevin’s retirement in 2018 and Mr. Eichberg’s passing in 2019, John, Dan, Jay and Debbie have teamed to guide an experienced dedicated group of project managers, assistant project managers and site superintendents.
ECI has a deep, varied portfolio of new construction and building renovations of all project types. These include condominium and apartment buildings (ranging in size from 4 units to 200 units), schools, churches, synagogues, community centers, automotive dealerships, restaurants and retail stores, commercial buildings, and office interiors. We have completed millions of square feet of commercial construction and more than 6,000 residential homes. We’ve operated by the same principals and have been headquartered in Rockville, MD since our inception.
ECI’s strategy has remained consistent across the decades: work tirelessly to exceed our clients’ expectations and deliver quality work. We build efficiently and collaboratively with the owner and the design team, always with our focus on quality. We are honest and diligent; our reputation is everything. Proof of that is demonstrated in one simple fact: During the first 47 years of our firm’s existence, completing more than 2,200 construction projects, we have never been involved in litigation with a client, and only once had to use arbitration to collect a debt. When we fall short, we take responsibility and make things right. In the construction industry, it’s rare that relationships survive through consecutive projects. There are many pitfalls that can tangle even the friendliest owner/builder/architect teams in bitter dispute. We have stayed out of trouble by doing excellent work and communicating freely with our clients to avoid dispute. We put ourselves in their shoes and treat owners and architects like we want to be treated.
Posted date: 9 days ago