Validation / Characterization /Automation Engineers
- Evaluating pre- and post-silicon validation content and methodologies, as well as driving efficiency and coverage improvements into the system validation flow.
- Be responsible for memory interface design validation, to assure compliance to product specifications, industry standards, application requirements, and system platform operating environments.
- Design and execute the test to find and resolve functional and interoperability issues of the silicon on current and future hardware platforms.
- Development of system validation software tools
- Develop and maintain Automated tests
- Documentation and tracking validation status.
- Experience on validation and debug of SOC devices.
SOC validation and/or embedded system firmware development and testing is a plus.
- Knowledge of Basic Input Output System (BIOS), memory subsystems, and hardware and/or software driver integration is helpful.
- Strong programming skill in Linux and/or Windows, in particular C/C++, Unix Shell. Assembly, Perl, and/or Python a plus.
- Use of oscilloscope, digital analyzers, and other high-speed test equipment.
- Ability to perform root cause analysis on hardware and software failures.
The following qualifications would be an added advantage:
- Familiarity with memory controller architecture for Intel and AMD platforms
- Familiarity and experience with common processor architecture and silicon debug tools.
- Experience with memory controller validation (pre- or post-silicon) and/or design, including tools like software models, simulators, and emulators