Posted 1 year ago in Healthcare
Nurse Practitioner Oncology
Location: Newport, Vermont
· ** This is a new position.
· We need a nurse practitioner with hematology/oncology experience.
· *** Search For: nurse practitioner, hematology, oncology.
· Relocation: YES
· Management of patients with acute care ambulatory needs. Management of patients experiencing complications or toxicities during infusion therapy.
· Perform history & physicals, documents findings and communicates with Oncologist and primary care providers, referring MD's and other involved specialists.
· Orders appropriate diagnostic testing and reviews results.
· Informs patients and providers of findings and required follow up.
· Assesses patients receiving infusion therapy that report toxicities requiring intervention
direct medical management (e.g., patient history, physical examination, ordering and interpreting tests, making diagnoses and instituting treatment programs) as authorized and performed under the supervision of the practice Oncologist for the outpatient clinic, inpatient and emergency department consults.
· Cover basic infusion center issues when Oncologist not immediately available and night call one day/week and one weekend/month Functions as infusion RN when staffing is inadequate in the infusion center.
· Help with chemo order review to identify nursing issues (infusion rates, access, etc) Function as manager of clinic with regard to staffing, vacation coordination, evaluations, policy and procedure development, administrative assistant supervision, etc
· Participate in departmental events including fundraiser events, patient service events, educational events
· Develop and coordinate tumor board, multidisciplinary clinics and community support groups
· Coordinate patient application to patient assistance programs (through charitable organizations, pharmaceutical industry, oncology fund, etc) and prior authorization for treatments and supportive care
· Provides patient education and support
· Ensures continuity of care when patient is admitted to the hospital
· The above statement reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
· Completion of an accredited program for nurse practitioners. Appropriate Vermont licensing/registration. Preferably 1 - 2 years of Hematology/Oncology clinical experience. Ability to work collaboratively with physicians, other health care providers, and parents.
Bottom line requirements that need to be answered with your candidate submission;
1. Completion of an accredited program for nurse practitioners.
2. Vermont licensing/registration.
3. 1 - 2 years of Hematology/Oncology clinical experience.
Education Alliance Network Corporations Human Capital Management Division (Executive Placement and Staffing)
EAN success surrounds around our visionary leaders, exceptional talent at all levels, and the right strategies to build the correct models for our clients that keeps their talent current, motivated, and focused.
Our Human Capital Management Consulting Division drives organizational success through the sourcing and development of leadership and talent management with the ability to build a model for developing departmental training processes that will enhance our clients ability to exploit their human capital risk areas and up manage their areas of improvement.
EANs ability to assist our clients to identify and develop leadership talent is one of the most critical business organizational needs. We also help our clients review, access their existing leadership and talent levels. Our ability to assist our clients to consistently attract the right talent for each client organizations business needs is a key component to a talent management model.
EAN assist clients anticipated talent needs with workforce planning solutions that align our clients Human Resource needs with an organizations overall business strategy.
Browse jobs in :