We need a developer with just the right combination of experience, aptitude, and attitude to join our kick-ass team and make just the right tweaks to our user facing web store and site. This special someone will have strong beliefs about the craft of software development and be driven to build great things. Did we mention working well with others? We might mention it again.
- Work in a modified agile environment on cross-functional teams that develop and implement strategies to solve real business problems.
- Use and build templates, pages, and micro-sites that leverage our style guide to build and reinforce our brand while greasing the skids for our customers
- Help develop templates and processes that can be used by marketing and operations people on our team to build landing pages for promotions and campaigns.
- Already know what "campaign" refers to in the bullet above.
- Provide clear technical and user documentation where appropriate.
- Work closely with distributed developers participating in daily stand-ups and design/code reviews.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 3+ years of experience working as part of a professional software development team working on a web sites.
- Deep understanding of web technologies including HTML5, CSS, AJAX, web servers, Content Delivery Networks, etc.
- Crazy good understanding of and experience with the Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop.
- Consideration and understanding of where web pages come from, ie. how they actually load in the browser.
- Ability to learn quickly with strong critical thinking skills.
- Strong preference for order along with the ability to work through chaos to achieve it.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
Very, very nice to have
- Experience with the Magento templating system.
- A github account with some impressive code samples.
- Experience with ExpressionEngine or other PHP based CMS.
- Experience with Compass, SASS, LESS, or another CSS framework.
- A good strategy for managing our Digital Assets.
ecomom is a specialty ecommerce company focused on enabling parents to do a great job at raising their kids, without having to worry about what products to use on and around them. We try out all of the products we sell, making sure they will keep kids healthy and happy. We strive to provide the ideal mix of products, advice, information and community for families to access all in one place. At our core, we want to create healthier families, and ensure a happy future for them all.
Since we began in 2009, ecomom has become a venture-backed, rapidly growing and revenue generating company. We are excited to be part of the cooperative start-up community in Las Vegas. It is an energizing time to work here, as the Downtown Project is transforming the business scene by encouraging artists, entrepreneurs and high-tech folks to take a gamble here. The 24 hour buffets and poolside lounges aren't bad either.
At ecomom, we promote a fun and casual atmosphere, because happy and healthy employees make a happy and healthy company. We enjoy life, and even do yoga at the office. Because what promotes teamwork more than doing child's pose at work?
Together we can continue to build a forward-thinking company, where people love the work they do, and see results from their efforts daily. Even at work, it's all good. Make mom proud, and apply yourself.
Posted 4 years ago