Your feedback helps keep ZipRecruiter safe.
Learn more about how to recognize common online scams
Eastern Environmental Solutions, Inc. (EES) is a full service environmental contracting and remediation firm providing long-term and innovative environmental solutions.
Eastern Environmental Solutions, Inc. is actively seeking a full-time Shop Foreman/Fleet Manager to join our team.
An Experienced Shop Foreman/Fleet Manager is needed to perform and oversee the performance of others providing maintenance on a fleet of extensive diesel engine heavy duty trucks, trailers and heavy equipment in Manorville, N.Y.
Shop Foreman/Fleet Manager position Job Description:
· Prepare work assignments for shop mechanics.
· Oversee shop staff.
· Maintain parts inventory.
· Diagnose and troubleshoot problems with vehicles and equipment.
· Perform Preventative Maintenance on Heavy Duty Trucks and Trailers.
· Conduct diagnostics with limited supervision.
· Complete most repairs and parts replacements.
· Repair and rebuild pumps: hydraulic, electric and pneumatic.
· Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
· Fabrication of parts and equipment.
· Communicate with Drivers regarding “Vehicle Condition Reports” and make appropriate repairs.
· Maintain a clean, safe work area in compliance with Company and OSHA standards.
· Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
· Must be able to work independently and with others.
· Must have problem-solving skills, good communication skills, and organization.
· Other duties may be assigned.
Shop Foreman/Fleet Manager Position Primary Duties: Preventative Maintenance Oil changes Air/hydraulic brakes suspensions Transmissions.
General Maintenance Job Requirements: Qualified Candidates for the Shop Foreman/Fleet Manager position will have the following Education/Experience:
· 5 plus years of experience working on heavy duty diesel equipment is required.
· Extensive heavy equipment and commercial truck repair experience is a must.
· Must be able to lift and maneuver heavy vehicle components.
· Must have your own tools, a stable work history, and a great attitude.
· High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Trade school, mechanical course, or equivalent highly desired. A valid Class B CDL is a plus.
· Shop, office, yards, vehicle environment, may require lifting of 50 to 75 lbs.
EES is a Drug Free, Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business. We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes health and dental insurance. 401K (with company match), paid holidays and vacation days.
EES offers the top salary for the best-qualified candidate.
Serious dedicated and experience inquiries only please. Please email resumes with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an EOE AAP M/F/V/D.