“Dyehard offers an expansive network of best-in-class merchandise companies that produce the finest quality merchandise.”
Location: University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill
The General Manager will report to the Regional Vice President – East.
The General Manager has overall responsibility for all campus event-based retail merchandising activities. The General Manager is responsible for staffing, revenue generation, inventory control, P&L accountability, customer service and relationship with the client. Periodically, the General Manager will assist and execute other regional Dyehard events as needed, such as Tough Mudder, Big East championships, W-S Open, etc.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Working with the client, creates a schedule around all athletic event retail locations including but not limited to holidays, pre-season activities, post-season games coaches tour activities and promotions throughout the year.
· Assists the Vice President in implementing business strategic plans, including sales, financial performance, and new product development. Responsible for managing and developing a coherent marketing promotions strategy within the facility in conjunction with all team-supplied assets including video, print, social, and non-traditional avenues.
· Incorporates creative merchandising techniques in product presentation and keep displays filled, restocked, and fresh to ensure maximum sales at all event locations.
· Coordinate with Vice President and Buyers to develop a dynamic merchandising strategy that regularly updates and changes the aesthetics at all locations to create fresh appeal.
· Creates a comprehensive marketing and promotions strategy.
· Maintains inventory by overseeing stock control measures, following procedures to account for sales and receipt of goods, and staying in contact with vendors and shippers to insure timely receipt.
· Works with Vice President in overall staffing responsibility to include hiring, training, and developing employees.
· Creates a customer focused sales team and encourages the highest level of service by ensuring all team members are properly trained to improve their knowledge base and adherence to the organization’s customer service protocol and guidelines.
· Motivates team to meet and exceed sales goals and manages expenses to keep operations profitable.
· Works with Buyers to identify merchandise needs including location specific and/or unique products.
· Oversees controllable costs to keep operations profitable.
· Coordinates with corporate office and other business segments to ensure product inventory and quality are at optimum operating levels.
· Maintains relationship and collaborates with University Licensing Director to ensure product inventory is relevant and meeting customer and University expectations.
· Maintains inventory by implementing purchasing plan and staying in contact with vendors and shippers.
· Works in conjunction with the e-commerce and digital manager regarding activity, reviews, reports and data to determine progress toward overall property stated goals and objectives.
· Manages other Dyehard event sales at locations throughout the region (North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia and other states as required).
· Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Three or more years of experience in retail management, preferably in an event sales environment.
· Experience managing people and projects with proven history of successfully training employees in a variety of disciplines, including customer service, cash handling.
· Excellent customer service, business acumen, conflict resolution, problem-solving, and strategic thinking skills and abilities.
· Computer database and productivity software skills required.
· Strong understanding of sales and customer service techniques.
· Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds
· Must be able to stand and move about the location 8 to 12 hours as needed.
· Must be able to talk, listen, and speak clearly in person and on the telephone
About Dyehard Fan Supply:
Dyehard Fan Supply is an event and retail merchandise marketing and e-commerce company. A customer-service focused company that operates nationwide and in some international locations, Dyehard offers an expansive network of best-in-class merchandise companies that produce the finest quality merchandise for sporting events including college and professional sports teams, tennis and golf tournaments, bowl games, music concerts and festivals, races and Broadway musicals.