“The best health insurance! 401(k) option with matching! Voted "Coolest Places to Work" 4 Years in a ROW! SNACKS!”
JOB TITLE:SOCIAL MEDIA STRATEGIST
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF DIGITAL MEDIA STRATEGY
PRIMARY FUNCTION / POSITION SUMMARY:
The Social Media Strategist is responsible for leading the development, implementation, and management of social media strategies from both a paid and organic perspective, in addition to overseeing community management efforts within the agency. This position will own and contribute to content strategies across social and other organic media channels. They will work collaboratively across disciplines and departments including media, creative, production, analytics, project management, and account.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES / PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES:
· Develop, implement and manage comprehensive and impactful social media strategies to increase visibility and traffic across all client’s brands and products.
· Develop and manage program budgets.
· Provide insights into new, innovative ways to achieve client objectives through varied social media strategies and platforms
· Serve as key point of contact on designated client engagements.
· Participate in agency growth and body of thought leadership.
· Lead the development of organization-wide social media management standards, policies and rules of engagement for social media.
· Define key performance indicators and implement enterprise level measurement, analytics and reporting methods to gauge success.
· Mentor and provide training to stakeholders throughout the organization on best practices for creating, managing, monitoring, and developing content for social networks.
· Effectively communicate complex and technical theory and information in an understandable manner.
· Explore and identify ways to integrate social media into business strategies and marketing campaigns for clients.
· Apply marketing research and development methods to learn and understand emerging trends and technologies and to communicate this knowledge clearly and concisely.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
· Demonstrated experience and a passion for the social technology universe (i.e., Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, SnapChat, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Foursquare, and discussion forums)
· Case studies showing effective social media campaigns for which you were responsible
· Knowledge of content design best practices and principles for social media platforms
· Cross channel digital marketing experienced preferred (SEM, Programmatic, Local Search, Video, etc.).
· Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
· Aptitude to develop and maintain strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
· Exceptional leadership capabilities and strong interpersonal skills
· Strong communication and presentation skills
· Ability to work effectively under deadlines and juggle several assignments simultaneously
· Ability to distinguish and behave with a good sense of decorum; acting as a brand ambassador is absolutely required
· Data, analytics, and metrics oriented
· Experience using:
o Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
o Online monitoring and measurement platforms (including but not limited to Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, HootSuite, etc.)
o Adobe CS (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, After Effects, etc.)
· Experience developing and launching email and text messaging campaigns preferred
· An understanding of search engine optimization techniques is a plus.
· Knowledge of web usability best practices, website navigation design and flow, content classification, and content management methods and systems are a plus.
· BS/BA degree from an accredited college or university and 3-5 years’ experience in advertising, communications, marketing, or public relations
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Agency experience preferred
· Experience with managing multiple work streams and/or multiple clients is a plus
· Have physical and mental requirements to meet the above listed job responsibilities
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.
We change opinions, perspectives, outcomes and how people experience brands. It’s never change for the sake of change. It’s for results. Impact. Efficiency. And enduring connections. And in a post-advertising, experiential and digital world, we’re creating positive change for our clients.