Reports to: Executive Vice President for Business Development (Downtown Cleveland Alliance) and Executive Director (Campus District, Inc.)
Downtown Cleveland Alliance seeks an energetic and entrepreneurial individual to join our business development team. The Business Development Specialist will focus on conducting and supporting outreach to attract talent, businesses, and investment throughout Downtown Cleveland, with particular focus on the Campus District. This position requires the ability to both provide administrative support for business development initiatives and carry one’s own business development caseload.
· Assist business development team with business visits and communications, advisory groups and committees, business engagement activities, mobility and housing development initiatives, and special projects, including coordination with partners, follow-up actions and recording and distributing information
· Manage business development cases by conducting property searches, maintaining spreadsheets, sharing information about economic development programs, monitoring cases, and communicating with real estate professionals, businesses, property owners and public officials
· Provide staff support to advocacy committee and public policy initiatives, including organizing meetings and tours, researching issues, and drafting letters
· Support business development marketing initiatives by drafting and editing letters and content for newsletters, blogs, marketing collateral, and website
· Develop relationships with existing business owners through on-the-ground engagement including site visits
· Serve as business development liaison between Campus District, Inc. and Downtown Cleveland Alliance
· Staff events produced by Downtown Cleveland Alliance, Campus District, and other neighborhood-based partners
· Other duties as assigned by Downtown Cleveland Alliance Executive Vice President for Business Development or the Campus District, Inc. Executive Director
· Superior oral and written communication skills
· Excellent organizational skills
· Proficiency with Word, Outlook, and Excel
· Interest in business and real estate development, public policy, and city building
· Bachelor Degree or Associate Degree
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
About Downtown Cleveland Alliance:
Downtown Cleveland Alliance is a nonprofit organization dedicated to enhancing the pedestrian experience and attracting more investment into Downtown Cleveland through our Business Development Center, Clean & Safe Ambassador program, City Advocates initiative, and special event programming.
To learn more about Downtown Cleveland Alliance, visit us at www.downtowncleveland.com, follow us on Twitter @downtownCLE, or like us on Facebook at facebook.com/DowntownClevelandAlliance.
Company address:1010 Euclid Avenue, 3rd Floor, Cleveland, OH 44115