The Financial Planner will transition the student (and family) from the application process in Admissions and through financial planning and processing, which begins in the Financial Aid and/or the Business Office.
Some general duties include:
- Provide information to students regarding financial aid program requirements and procedures
- Estimate financial aid awards using both credit hour and clock hour methodologies
- Evaluate and estimate federal aid based on FAFSA eligibility
- Evaluate and estimate sources of financial aid such as: veteran’s funding, state grant aid, agency funding, etc.
- Begin file maintenance and turn over completed documentation and forms to the Financial Aid Officer
- Interpret, apply and comply with federal, state, agency and institutional regulations governing financial aid and maintain current working knowledge of guidelines/regulations relating to financial aid
This position requires knowledge of numerous rules and regulations as well as a variety of technical sources such as COD, NSLDS, PHEAA, VA ONCE, FAA Access to CPS Online, Campus Vue, Microsoft Office, etc. Prior post-secondary financial aid experience (career school preferred). Proficiency in Microsoft Office (specifically Word and Excel). Experience with Campus Vue COD, NSLDS, PHEAA, VA ONCE, and CPS Online. Must be a team player and practice excellent time management skills.