We’re looking for an energetic Operations Manager
for our Specialized SBU Manufacturing operation in South Florida. OurOperations Manager
Position is directing all plant and operations teams and managing all activities related to the production of filters, sanitation, and HVAC systems and components. As aOperations Manager
you are responsible to manage the production planning and scheduling, materials management, inventory control, quality, staffing, and day-to-day manufacturing operations and monitor production orders and schedules to ensure products and scheduled delivery dates are met.
As an Operations Manager, you are responsible for the business unit meeting quality, delivery and cost targets and for achieving EH&S goals.Operations Manager Specific responsibilities:
Operations Manager Requirements:
- Manage assigned manufacturing supervisors and hourly associates achieve manufacturing objectives.
- Lead all process and product improvement strategies for the SBU and demonstrate proficiencies in Lean Manufacturing tools (root cause analysis, process certification, standard work, 5S, cause and effect analysis, value stream mapping, etc) to improve production processes and correct deficiencies as they occur.
- Establish cross functional relationships with Engineering, Supply Management, Finance, Logistics, Quality, HR, EH&S , Sales Field Support etc. to enable attainment of key performance metrics.
- Participate in Product and Supplier Benchmarking, Gathering and Reporting on quality findings, issues, and overall product supply performance.
- Manage all production issues and any outstanding issues that arise during the production process that affect product supply and delivery.
- Interact with the other SBU Manufacturing and Operations Leaders to ensure inter-company product supplies exceed expectations.
- Identifying, qualifying, reviewing, and evaluating Manufacturing and Operations effectiveness on service, supply, and product delivery.
- Participate in new product development and determination of manufacturing efficiencies.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, or Operations Management.
- 5 or more years experience in Manufacturing / Operations Management; Prefer exposure to HVAC applications including metal fabrication, assembly, Electronics, and mechanical assembly.
- Strong process and procedure orientation regarding purchasing best practices; collaborating with other team members on most effective procedures for strongest outcomes.
- Demonstrated successes in Lean Manufacturing Techniques with outcome measurements.
- Experience working with off-shore Manufacturing operations.
- Strong project management experience and milestone reporting.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of a company (internal/external)
- Passion for and ability to model behavior that is aligned with our mission, vision, values & operating principles.
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects, and meets deadlines.
- Experience working closely with manufacturing supervisors, material planners, quality engineering, product engineering.
NOTE - PREFERRED Candidates are an Operations Manager or Plant Manager from an HVAC systems or component Manufacturer.
We offer extensive and unlimited growth opportunities coupled with a fringe benefit program to include; Health, Dental, Vision, LTD/STD, 401(k), Paid Holidays, Paid Vacations.