Our client in Watertown, South Dakota is looking for a Process Engineer to join their team! This person will be responsible for improving overall manufacturing systems, work environment,safety, product manufacturability, capacity, quality, and efficiency at the lowest possible cost. This is a great opportunity with a company who is the industry leader in manufacturing complex electronics and electromechanical devices.
· Evaluate and incorporate new equipment, systems, and materials
· Determine future equipment needs
· Design, improve, and replace general manufacturing tooling
· Improve quality through continuous process improvement and lean activities
· Monitor daily process actions and resolve issues pertaining to engineering, equipment, process, and components
· Design, specify, replace, and improve general manufacturing tooling
· Coordinate new process development, potential failure mode analysis and improve existing practices
· Assist and provide feedback in prototype and first article assembly
· Develop machine setup, operation, and maintenance work instructions
· Assist manufacturing with equipment setups and maintenance
· Monitor Quality metric data
· Implement corrective actions with the machine processes
· Interact with customers in regards to technical issues
· Perform time studies on new and existing operations
· Responsible for generating machine programs and consistent programming techniques
· Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical, Industrial Engineering or equivalent work experience
· 2+ years in a related field (both plated through hole and surface mound manufacturing process development, implementation, and control)
About Doherty Career Solutions:
Career Solutions recruiting specialists are here to assist you in finding the ideal opportunity to best fit your career goals. We provide expert assistance for employment in contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire career opportunities.
Career Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.