“Awesome opportunity to join a growing company in Silicon Valley”
We are looking for an NPI Engineer to join our Advanced Manufacturing Team, working on new systems development. On the personal development side, you will master many aspects of next generation digital optics, and take your career path a decisive step further in a vibrant fast-growing company with room for employees to grow.
• Perform “hands-on” making, testing, evaluating, and de-bugging of custom optical assemblies
• Process documentation, measurement and data extrapolation into detailed metrication test reports
• Complete data extraction, analysis and presentation to solve problems and improve processes
• Work closely with development and design engineers to ensure customer needs are met by equipment, materials and documentation
• Coordinate with Pilot Line to understand issues, define experiments and improve processes, recipes and equipment
• Some travel (approx. 25%) to customer sites to qualify equipment or resolve issues
• B.S. or M.S. in Optics, Physics or a related Engineering discipline with 3+ year of industry experience.
• Familiar with lasers and light sources
• A mix of Product Development experience and Optical Systems Assembly
• Strong New Product Introduction and process improvement background
• Good verbal and written communication skills both internal and with customers
• Excellent cross-functional teamwork skills
• High energy and drive to work in a startup environment
• Proficiency in set up, use and alignment of optical components and related test equipment
• Experience developing or operating optical, projection or display testing equipment
• Experience with image analysis applications such as NI Vision, ImageJ, etc
• Customer support experience
• Familiarity with LabView and/or automation hardware and Matlab, Python, or similar environments.
• Understanding of fundamental holography principles
• Experienced in assembly of optical systems, including handling and cleaning of optics, interpreting technical documentation, describing optical system components and assembly procedures
About DigiLens Inc.:
We're leading the way in diffractive waveguide optics for augmented and virtual reality applications, serving the aerospace, automotive, government and consumer electronics market. Our breakthrough technology stack and nanomaterials help deliver the best in class AR and VR displays.
This is an opportunity to hit the ground running as the company grows--fast! The market is predicted to exceed $165 billion by 2024.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
We’re on a mission to enable the next generation of AR displays. Do you have what it takes to make a significant impact?