Sorry, this job was closed 2 months ago. See all open Production Coordinator Jobs in Las Vegas, NV
Event Production Coordinator
Benefits Offered401K, Vision, Medical, Dental, Life
The Event Production Coordinator serves directly under the Creative Event Producer and works on high-end events under the Vice President of Creative and other events, as needed. The Event Production Coordinator assists the Event Producer to sell and operate all programs, events, transportation and entertainment sold by the VP of Creative, including the planning, organizing and controlling of events to meet contractual obligations and Destinations by Design operations service standards. Duties include the items listed below, as well as any other responsibilities required directly by the Directors or VP Executive Team.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Assist in the operation of small to larger-scale programs and events
- Help prepare and review event orders and schedule of events and confirm that all services and necessary preparations are in order
- Create floral orders and studio orders as needed for events
- Supervise, direct and coordinate the installation of events with or without the Event Producer
- Help manage and direct all subcontractors and vendors as required to successfully execute the assigned events
- Effectively communicate information through written correspondence and oral communication with the client, hotel / venue contacts and internally
- Attend pre-convention meetings with Event Producer and VP Creative, if needed.
- Responsible for all other aspects of programs and events set forth by the Destinations by Design operations service standards.
- Create program summaries for each assigned event
- Attend weekly EO meetings and bi-weekly operations meetings
- Coordinate services for events, such as accommodation and transportation for participants, facilities, catering, signage, displays, and specials needs requirements.
- Review event bills for accuracy, and approve payment with Event Producer or VP of Creative.
- Help to arrange the availability of audio-visual equipment, transportation, displays and other event needs.
- Attend meetings with staff to discuss production progress and to ensure production objectives are attained.
- Help to resolve issues (or bring to upper management) as they arise during the production process by acting as the liaison between dissenting parties when necessary.
- Research using the internet, archives, and other informational sources.
- Partner with Event Producer & VP of Creative to develop creative concepts for specific client proposals
- Partner with the Event Producer & VP of Creative to develop proposals within assigned deadlines, including written copy and graphic design elements
- Research and recommend new and innovative products and services.
- Attend creative, sales and client meetings, as needed.
- College degree required
- Experience within the hospitality industry is preferred
- Ability to work successfully in a deadline-driven environment where multitasking is commonplace
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive computer experience and knowledge which must include all Microsoft Office programs
- Preferred knowledge of CAD and/or Vectorworks programs
About Destinations by Design:
In operation since 1990, DBD provides high-quality destination management, event and design services, with a "whatever it takes" service standard. DBD owns a wide selection of decor and linen, as well as fresh florals--all under one roof. DBD proudly received national status as a Women's Business Enterprise (WBE) by the Women's Business Enterprise Council West in 2014. In 2015 the company celebrated 25 years of operating programs and events throughout Las Vegas and across the country. DBD recently moved into a new 130,000+sq. ft facility which supports space for 100+ employees from all departments (warehouse, floral studio, design studio, entertainment, sales and operations) with a lively, fun working environment that reflects the business culture at DBD.
Posted 3 months ago
Browse Production Coordinator jobs in Las Vegas, Nevada: