Dental, Medical, 401K, Life
We are looking for an Operations Coordinator to join our growing team! The Event Coordinator will work in tandem with our Destination / Event Managers, Studio Department, Directors, Designers, and Sales Team, to carry out the operations process.
Management of Programs / Events
- Assist Destination and Event Managers with programs and events.
- Operate small programs and events.
- Prepare and review event orders, the scheduling of the events and confirm that all services and necessary preparations are in order.
- Schedule, direct and coordinate the activities of field staff, subcontractors and vendors as required to successfully execute the assigned events.
- Research/Shop specialty items as needed for events.
- Make deliveries and pick-ups for management team.
- Effectively communicate information through written correspondence and oral communication with the client, hotel / venue contacts and internally.
- Attend pre-convention meetings, site inspections as necessary with managers and sales person.
- Act as studio and client liaison to assist managers who are on site or out of office.
- Responsible for all other aspects of programs and events set forth by the Destinations by Design operations service standards.
- Attend weekly event order meetings to assist director and attend bi-weekly operations meetings.
- Responsible for final invoicing, approving invoices, timesheets and all credit card back-up for charges relating to the operation of a program.
- Ability to work successfully and solve problems in a deadline-driven environment where multitasking is commonplace.
- Excellent interpret skills on a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram and schedule form.
- Extensive computer experience and knowledge which must include all Microsoft Office programs and QuickBooks.
- 2+ years experience within the hospitality industry
- Flexible work schedule
- Valid Nevada Driver’s License
- College degree
- Background and drug screening
Candidates meeting the above qualifications and requirements looking for a fun, fast-paced team environment should send resume, cover letter and references. We offer competitive wages and benefits to include holidays, life insurance, medical insurance, vacation and sick leave.
About Destinations by Design:
In operation since 1990, DBD provides high-quality destination management, event and design services, with a "whatever it takes" service standard. DBD owns a wide selection of decor and linen, as well as fresh florals--all under one roof. DBD proudly received national status as a Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) by the Women's Business Enterprise Council West in 2014. In 2015 the company celebrated 25 years of operating programs and events throughout Las Vegas and across the country. DBD recently moved into a new 130,000+sq. ft facility which supports space for 100+ employees from all departments (warehouse, floral studio, design studio, entertainment, sales and operations) with a lively, fun working environment that reflects the business culture at DBD.
5 months ago