Life, Medical, Vision, Dental, 401K
Destination Management / Event Production Company, a leader in DMC and Event Design in Las Vegas, is looking to add an Operations Manager to our team. As an Operations Manager you will work in tandem with a team of Sales, Creative, Entertainment and Production Managers. This position serves directly under the Director of Event & DMC Operations and oversees the execution of all events, activities, transportation, planning, organizing of field staff, subcontractors and vendors. Duties include the items listed below, as well as any other responsibilities required directly by the Director of Event & DMC Operations, Management or Executive Team.
Responsibilities include the following:
- "Whatever It Takes" Attitude & Ability to handle changes and last minute requests
- Operate Mid-Range to Larger Scale hospitality programs and special events.
- Supervise and oversee Operations Coordinators
- Prepare and review manifests, staff and book transportation for arrivals and departures, group activities, dine around or show tickets.
- Create and review event orders and schedule of events and confirm that all services and necessary preparations are in order.
- Direct, supervise and coordinate the activities of field staff, subcontractors and vendors as required to successfully execute the assigned events.
- Work closely with hotel catering and convention service managers, venue & restaurant contacts to ensure a successful program
- Effectively communicate information through written correspondence and oral communication with the client, hotel / venue contacts and internally.
- Attend pre-convention meetings with DBD sales person.
- Accountable for all other aspects of programs and events set forth by the company’s operations service standards.
- Responsible for direction and management of part-time field staff to include uniforms, paperwork, applications, hiring, evaluation, merit increases and ensuring that the company’s operations service standards are being met or exceeded.
- In charge of approving and finalizing invoices, timesheets and all credit card back-up for charges relating to the operation of a program.
- Ability to work successfully and solve problems in a deadline-driven environment where multitasking is commonplace.
- Excellent interpret skills on a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram and schedule form.
- Extensive computer experience and knowledge which must include all Microsoft Office programs and QuickBooks.
- Experience within the hospitality industry two years plus.
- Flexible Work Schedule - ability to work nights, weekends and holiday as necessary.
- Maintain a valid Nevada Driver’s License.
- College Degree or Similar Work Experience
- Background and Drug Screening.
About Destinations by Design:
In operation since 1990, DBD provides high-quality destination management, event and design services, with a "whatever it takes" service standard. DBD owns a wide selection of decor and linen, as well as fresh florals--all under one roof. DBD proudly received national status as a Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) by the Women's Business Enterprise Council West in 2014. In 2015 the company celebrated 25 years of operating programs and events throughout Las Vegas and across the country. DBD recently moved into a new 130,000+sq. ft facility which supports space for 100+ employees from all departments (warehouse, floral studio, design studio, entertainment, sales and operations) with a lively, fun working environment that reflects the business culture at DBD.
10 months ago