401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
The Creative “Idea Lab” coordinator works directly under the Event Producer/Creative Resource Manager. The main function of this position is to assist the Creative, Sales, Marketing and Operations Teams with the Resourcing and Purchasing of new goods & services for Inventory and Events, that fall within the scope of the Creative Department, such as new venues, activities, event themes and décor, etc. Secondarily, this position also assists the Event Producer/Creative Resource Manager with the team’s time management and the assignment of rendering tasks initiated by the Sales Department to the Creative Design team. Additionally, this position is to work in tandem with the Event Producer/Creative Resource Management to successfully sell and operate programs, events, transportation and entertainment, when necessary. These duties include the planning, organizing and controlling of events to meet contractual obligations and Destinations by Design’s service standards. Duties include the items listed below, as well as any other responsibilities required directly by the Executive Team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Resource Creative & innovative ideas, goods and services
- Research using the internet, archives, tradeshows and other informational sources
- Develop and recommend new and innovative products and services
- Partner with Sales, Marketing & Creative to develop creative concepts & renderings for client proposals
- Support Creative/Sales/Marketing Teams via creative meetings (internal & external)
- Support Operations (and Sales) by going on-site for events requiring creative direction and creative support
- Assist in the management of on-going projects such as linen books, photo libraries, scanned images organization, etc with the Creative Team with the Warehouse teams
- Provide product samples, informational brochures, or other incentives to help showcase new ideas and materials
- Attend creative, sales and client meetings, when applicable
EVENT PRODUCTION COORDINATION (for the Event Producer/Creative Resource Manager)
- Prepare and review event orders and schedule of events and confirm that all services and necessary preparations are in order, as needed.
- Create floral orders and studio orders as needed for events
- Supervise, direct and coordinate the installation of events, when needed
- Assist in the management of subcontractors and vendors as required to successfully execute the assigned events
- Effectively communicate information through written correspondence and oral communication with the client, hotel / venue contacts and internally
- Responsible for all other aspects of programs and events set forth by the Destinations by Design operations service standards.
- Create program summaries for each assigned event
- Attend weekly EO meetings, when applicable
- Assist Event Producer/Creative Resource Manager and VP of Creative with any assignments, tasks or projects that fall under the scope of the Creative Department
- College degree required
- Experience in hospitality industry preferred
- Ability to work successfully in a deadline-driven environment where multitasking is commonplace
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive computer experience and knowledge which includes all Microsoft Office programs
About Destinations by Design:
In operation since 1990, DBD provides high-quality destination management, event and design services, with a "whatever it takes" service standard. DBD owns a wide selection of decor and linen, as well as fresh florals--all under one roof. DBD proudly received national status as a Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) by the Women's Business Enterprise Council West in 2014. In 2015 the company celebrated 25 years of operating programs and events throughout Las Vegas and across the country. DBD recently moved into a new 130,000+sq. ft facility which supports space for 100+ employees from all departments (warehouse, floral studio, design studio, entertainment, sales and operations) with a lively, fun working environment that reflects the business culture at DBD.