Sorry, this job was closed 9 days ago. See all open Educator Jobs in Cherry Hill, NJ
Educational Experiences Coordinator
Compensation$42,000 to $45,000 Annually
Benefits OfferedDental, 401K, Life, Medical
Why Work Here?
“Help prepare today's kids for the future workforce working with a creative, dynamic, and dedicated staff!”
Educational Experiences Coordinator
Associate Director of Educational Experiences
1111 South Union Ave Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Imagination (DI) provides a variety of STEAM-based (science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics) educational experiences designed to reach students across the globe in school, in clubs, and at home. Students work together to develop a creative solution to a project-based Team Challenge. Through this process, students gain the 21st century skills needed to succeed in school, their careers, and beyond.
The Educational Experiences Coordinator is responsible for aiding the Associate Director of Educational Experiences in the development, coordination, implementation and evaluation of all Destination Imagination Educational Experiences. This position reports to the Associate Director of Educational Experiences.
The Destination Imagination staff is a tight-knit and fast-paced team. We value everyone’s opinion equally and this is reflected in our decision-making processes. We are project-based learning enthusiasts, and we are exploring creative ways to welcome and include culturally diverse communities in our outreach strategies. Our ideal candidate is someone who shares these values and who is ready to be a part of an evolving and highly collaborative team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists with the Destination Imagination Challenge Development process, which involves coordination of Developers, Dissectors and the Quality Review Panel, as well as oversight of the creation of Challenges and supplemental materials from inception to publication.
- Assists with the implementation of the Destination Imagination tournament season by working with high-level volunteers to produce consistent Regional and Affiliate Tournaments, to audit Team Clarifications and to update materials.
- Coordinates the Global Finals tournament with the selection of Global Finals Presentation Sites, participation in site visits and planning meetings, selection of tournament volunteers and on-site implementation.
- Assists with producing experiences outside of the core Destination Imagination experience. Other projects, as assigned, may include working with other innovative, forward-thinking companies to create Challenge opportunities outside the DI Challenge Experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Education, English, Youth Studies or related field; Master’s degree and/or classroom teaching experience considered a plus
- Understanding of DI Challenge Experience and processes is preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills required
- Has the ability to create and edit written material, with strong grammar skills
- Is highly detail oriented
- Is an analytical and creative thinker
- Has the ability to relate to and work well with a variety of people, including Affiliate and Regional Directors, volunteers and DI staff
- Is a collaborative team player
- Is a self-starter who seeks and welcomes opportunities to exceed expectations
- Has strong organizational skills
- Is a creative thinker and problem solver
- Has strong presentation skills
- Has strong leadership skills
- Has strong computer and online research skills
- Has the ability to work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Has the ability to travel as required and holds a valid driver’s license and passport
Area of Activity
This position will work with the Educational Experiences Team, the Growth and Impact Team, and, from time to time, with the Creative and Marketing Team and a few high-level volunteers. The work is primarily local but may occasionally involve some domestic travel.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
Sedentary - Lifting up to 10 pounds maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as dockets, ledgers, and files. Walking and standing are required only occasionally.
Limited - General office environment infrequently exposed to extreme atmospheric conditions (temperature, noise, fumes, dust, etc.)
Working for DI
· Compensation: Destination Imagination employees enjoy a competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance reimbursement, supplemental benefits (including dental, vision, short term disability, life insurance, and long-term care plans), 403(b) retirement plan with company match, tuition assistance, paid time off, and more!
· A Challenge: Our extensive on-boarding program and career progression opportunities create an environment where our employees can thrive, succeed, and enhance their careers.
· Rewards: We are proud to acknowledge and reward exceptional employees who make a difference to customers, the team, and the organization.
· Motivation: We are more than a group of individuals – our team is on a cause-driven mission! The distinctive culture of our business sets us apart from every other company in the industry.
This position is available immediately. Relocation to Southern New Jersey or Southeastern Pennsylvania is preferred, though working remotely may be negotiable. Assistance for relocation will be provided to qualified candidates.
To apply, please submit two 1,000-word technical writing samples, two letters of professional recommendation, cover letter and resume to Eric Wolff, Managing Director of Organizational Development, 1111 South Union Ave, Cherry Hill, NJ, 08002 or email to email@example.com.
Destination Imagination is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Nothing in this posting should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
About Destination Imagination:
Destination Imagination, Inc. is a leading educational nonprofit dedicated to teaching students the skills needed to succeed in school, their careers and beyond. We develop project-based learning programs that blend STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) education with the arts and social entrepreneurship.
Through our programs, students use the creative process to turn their ideas into reality and learn invaluable skills through the process including:
Creative & Critical Thinking
Company address: 1111 South Union Avenue Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
Posted date: 18 days ago
Browse Educator jobs in Cherry Hill New Jersey: