“Support the Denver community and take advantage of our great development opportunities and on-the-job training!”
Under minimum supervision, the Redevelopment Coordinator supports Denver Urban Renewal Authority’s Redevelopment department by performing a variety of professional administrative and analytical duties related to redevelopment projects, policies and procedures.
1. Support the Executive Director and Redevelopment staff in the implementation process of urban renewal projects, research development agreements and assist with communication between DURA and city agencies, neighborhoods and community groups on specific redevelopment projects.
2. Responsible for monitoring, evaluating and documenting monthly contractual compliance for existing Redevelopment projects and reporting non-compliance to the Executive Director with recommendation for course of action.
3. Compile and analyze data to perform compliance audits for internal review in written format and present quarterly results to the Board of Commissioners.
4. Conduct cost/benefit analyses and evaluations of DURA programs and prepare recommendations and reports for use in programmatic evaluation, design and implementation.
5. Coordinate preparation, approval, collection and finalization of legal documents for specific urban renewal plans and related projects.
6. Conduct research and analytical studies relating to urban renewal area projects.
7. Implement and maintain document management system including agency manuals and project summary sheets on current and past projects, presentations and other graphic and written materials for public presentations and communication activities of DURA.
8. Monitor Developer compliance via First Source Hiring, Small Business Enterprise and Project Art requirements.
9. Provide back-up front desk phone coverage as needed.
10. Assist in preparation of monthly board and committee packets as required.
11. Monitor and attend meetings on behalf of DURA as required.
Skills & Experience
· Excellent research and organizational skills.
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and written); ability to present information in a concise and understandable format.
· Ability to assume responsibility, display initiative, exercise good judgment and make and act upon decisions with minimal supervisor.
· Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, multi-task conflicting demands, effectively prioritize workload, meet deadlines and work independently.
· Strong skills operating a personal computer including Microsoft Office Suite and navigating the internet.
· Ability to assert oneself effectively and professionally.
· Demonstrated ability to work with governmental and private sector agencies.
Education – Associate’s degree preferred. Additional experience may be substituted for educational requirements.
Experience – 5-7 years of administrative, paralegal and/or project management experience.
About Denver Urban Renewal Authority:
The Denver Urban Renewal Authority is a full-service redevelopment agency engaged in neighborhood and downtown revitalization, economic development, home ownership and housing rehabilitation throughout the City and County of Denver. DURA functions as a catalyst, partner, advisor and/or participant in a variety of efforts to foster sound growth and development.
Company address:1555 California Street, Suite 200, Denver, CO 80202