Are you looking for a new challenge? Are you ready to be part of a team with the goal of developing the next generation of lawn and garden care equipment? Do you enjoy creating new products, improving existing products and problem solving? If so, then a role as a Product Manager with Schiller Grounds Care could be your next career opportunity!
Working for Schiller Grounds Care means that you will be part of a dynamic product development environment, create innovative solutions and have a direct hand in our customers’ success.
As the Product Manager on our dynamic and driven team, you will be responsible for owning the development and delivery of new products for assigned product lines, (Steiner, BOB-CAT, and Ryan), by conducting market research, creating product timeframes and plans, and crafting marketing strategies for new products. The ideal product manager will have experience with consumer or commercial durables, (preferably with Outdoor Power Equipment), be able to lead cross-functional teams, have proven project management and product development skills, have the ability to effectively manage product line P&Ls and have excellent communication and presentation skills. This position will be based at our Johnson Creek, WI facility, and reports to the Director of Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage products through the product life cycle and recommend strategies that maintain viability as the PLC position changes. This includes regularly performing pricing and competitive analysis by customer channel to achieve desired market position with viable product value resulting from differentiated features of importance, and competitive pricing that achieves profit in line with company objectives
- Direct and perform aspects of product development, product changes and product promotions, including development procedures, specifying components (brand and performance capability), packaging and header design, product positioning, pricing, catalog and sell sheet copy, training aides and point of purchase merchandisers
- Manage and communicate sales information and product changes both internally and externally
- Represent the sales & marketing department in group meetings
- Work with sales to produce, maintain and update annual forecast by model
- Ensure that a product database is developed and maintained with product specifications, artwork and catalog copy for dealer co-op advertising and catalogs programs
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendors to help facilitate the timely completion of projects
Education, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- BS/BA in marketing, business, or engineering
- 5 years of product development experience in consumer durables (preferably lawn and garden products) a retail automotive, hardware or farm store environment
- Strong analytical ability to gather and interpret information
- Strong leadership skills, able to work with multi-disciplined teams at various levels
- Possesses a take charge attitude with high level of self-motivation, and the ability to successfully operate in a matrix environment
- Advocate for the voice of the customer
- Deep understanding and empathy for jobs customers are doing with our products
- Deep understanding of competition
- Expert user of Schiller Grounds Care Products
- Develop vision for product line(s) based on emerging customer needs and company goals
- Positioning of Schiller products versus competition
- Product margin and pricing
- Team leader for product development and improvement
- Product and packaging specifications
- Drives product marketing strategy with marketing team
- Develops and implements product launch plans
- Customer product training
- Brand P&L management
- Global product line forecasts updated monthly (based on sales forecasts from the sales teams)
- Product Development Roadmap for Brand
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Some local and out-of-the-area travel is necessary. Periodic overnight travel is required
Schiller Grounds Care, Inc., engineers, manufactures and markets some of the world's most sought-after lawn and garden care equipment. Our passion for innovation, quality and reliability is evident throughout our full line of high performance products used by professionals, avid gardeners and homeowners around the globe.
Schiller Grounds Care offers an excellent compensation package as well as comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance, a generous 401(k) plan, PTO and an environment that reflects our commitment to our employees.
Schiller Grounds Care provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Schiller Grounds Care is a drug free workplace; candidates subject to post-offer, pre-employment drug screening.