Sorry, this job was closed 3 years ago. See all open Financial Consultant Jobs in Chicago, IL
Deloitte Financial Consulting / Accounting Advisory
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States specializing in audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100. The Consumer & Industrial Products (C&IP) industry practice within Deloitte provides audit and non-audit services to 88% of the U.S. Fortune 500 C&IP companies.
As a senior consultant within the Financial Accounting and Reporting (FA&R) practice, you will help organizations address accounting and financial reporting challenges, with deep technical accounting knowledge. Professionals that perform FA&R combine knowledge and experience in the areas of financial reporting, risk management, and compliance to help address our clients' most important issues. Our team is committed to delivering integrated services with a focus on value and quality. We specialize in emerging accounting guidance and new transaction types, and assist companies in getting their financial accounting and reporting in place related to those changes. FA&R professionals provide a variety of services to both audit and advisory clients, including:
Reporting and Accounting Advisory Services (RAAS) - Services include development of accounting policies and procedures, providing technical accounting support, preparing financial statements, and providing advisory services regarding application and implementation of complex accounting standards.
International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) Services - Services include assisting clients with their efforts to meet financial reporting requirements that arise from the anticipated global and U.S. transition to IFRS. This includes a broad array of service needs including accounting consultation, review of IFRS policies and disclosures, assistance in conversion efforts and statutory reporting support.
Essential functions/skills of Consumer & Industrial Products FA&R Senior Consultants include:
- Engagement Management: Participate in engagement planning and budgeting; participate in defining the work product structure and content; provide on-time delivery of quality work products; manage engagement economics; manage engagement risk
- Client Management: Manage day to day interactions with clients
- Professional Standards: Identify and apply relevant specialized technical accounting, regulatory, and C&IP industry standards
- Business Development: Participate in the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies
- Practice Development & Eminence: Contribute to the development of "thoughtware" and presentations
- People Development: Actively participate in recruitment and retention activities; provide support for delivery teams
C&IP FA&R Senior Consultants are required to have:
- 3+ years of audit or financial accounting and reporting experience, preferably in the C&IP industry
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or business-related field
- CPA, CIA, CFA, CA, CCA, CMA, CAIA, or FRM certification, or working towards achieving one of these certifications
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Strong client service and project management skills
Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- A willingness and ability to travel up to 50% of the time
In addition, C&IP FA&R Senior Consultants will have the following preferred background:
- MBA/MS/MA degree
- CFA, CIA, CISA, CISSP, or PMP certification
- Prior public accounting or consulting experience
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP, IFRS, and SEC rules and regulations
- Knowledge of the C&IP industry
- Proficiency in MS Office products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to perform technical research of complex accounting issues
- Proficiency in operational and financial internal controls, including work related to compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley
Visit www.deloitte.com/us/careers to learn more about our culture, benefits, and opportunities.
As used in this document, "Deloitte" means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
Deloitte LLP, one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States, specializing in audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
Posted date: 3 years ago
Browse Financial Consultant jobs in Chicago, Illinois: