Sorry, this job was closed 27 days ago. See all open Construction Plumber Jobs in Phoenix, AZ
Commercial Construction Plumber and Foreman
Compensation$20 to $25 Hourly
Benefits OfferedVision, Life, Dental, 401K, Medical
At Deer Valley Plumbing Contractors, Inc. we pride ourselves in helping build some of the greatest commercial projects Phoenix has to offer. We believe in the value of teamwork and quality workmanship in order to produce a great finished project.
We were recently awarded with many new jobs and are looking for talented plumbers who are interested in taking this next step with us into further growth. If you are interested in a career with Deer Valley Plumbing Contractors, Inc., we invite you to submit your resume today.
CURRENT OPPORTUNITY: Commercial Construction Plumber and Foreman
The Commercial Construction Plumber positions has the following requirements:
• 3 years of commercial plumbing experience
• Reliable Transportation
• Personal hand tools required, experience working with power tool and electronic test equipment
• Ability to comprehend schematic diagrams and blueprints a plus!
• Strong working knowledge of job site safety as well as ability to complete a company specific safety orientation
• Drug free at all times
In addition, the Plumbing Foreman is required to carry out the work assigned to them the project manager and delegate tasks to their journeyman. They are also responsible for high quality work and their own productivity. They are expected to provide education and training for journeyman and apprentices. This position assembles, installs and repairs plumbing systems according to project specifications and appropriate trade and building codes. These systems may consist of pipes, fittings, fixtures, water, drainage systems.
- Competent, responsible, organized and team oriented.
- Strong communication and basic computer skills.
- Strong basic math skills, architectural plans, drawings and plumbing design.
- Ability to follow orders and directions with minimal to no supervision.
- Ability to organize and lead others
- Maintain an active state and city license
- Ability to drive to job sites and locations as needed
- Can work independently and with others to meet performance goals.
- Backhoe Experience a plus
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs all work in a safe manner. Watch out for fellow team members to ensure they are working in a safe manner as well. Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required at all times.
- Responsible for abiding by all safety and conduct policies laid out by Deer Valley Plumbing Contractors, Inc. and the different work sites.
- Installs various types of pipes including iron, steel, copper and pvc.
- Ability to operate powered equipment including hand tools, stationary machines and others as required in a safe manner at all times.
- Maintain a high quality initiative while completing assigned duties.
- Responds to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Tests for leaks in new systems with compressed air and/or water.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. on a continuous basis and more than 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to lawfully drive a motor vehicle and maintain a current driver’s license in order to commute to the various current or prospective job sites in the region.
- Provide daily direction to assigned Journeyman and Apprentices on the job site and actively participate in training and development of Apprentices.
- Follow and execute directions and assigned duties from Project Manager and Plumbing Superintendent.
- Maintain a positive attitude to drive and build positive morale.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Available for overtime upon occasion.
- Can work independently and with others.
- Great plumbing skills and willingness to learn new things.
- Ability to verbally communicate with management, city officials, on site customers and other employees.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Reliable transportation.
- Ability to work well under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret written materials, perform basic mathematical computations and use measuring tools.
- Must be able to identify basic trade materials by size, shape and function.
- Must hold and maintain a Journeyman Plumber license.
- Drug Free
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Completion of High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Journeyman Plumber license required.
- Field experience in plumbing as a Journeyman Plumber required.
Plumbers work in commercial, industrial and public settings in both indoor and outdoor job sites which would include exposure to all elements of weather including cold, heat, wind, and rain. The weather may also impact the site exposing the individual to water and mud.
This position also includes exposure to areas off of the ground requiring the team member to work in a safe manner. The team member will also be exposed to loud noises where hearing protection is necessary and provided.
Physical Requirements: the job’s functions require the following physical demands:
- Fine finger dexterity and hand & arm strength with the ability to grip and hold objects with both hands.
- Generally the job requires 15% sitting, 55% walking, and 30% standing.
- Ability to lift and operate power tools to include in an overhead position.
- Ability to be off of the ground in a scissor lift or other piece of equipment.
- Must have the ability to independently lift and carry objects safely that weigh up to 20 pounds routinely, 50 pounds frequently and 80 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to climb and maintain balance on ladders and scaffold; kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, push, pull, twist, finger, grasp and feel on a constant and repetitive basis; stand, walk, talk, see (20/20 vision naturally or corrected), hear within normal range and perform repetitive motion activities.
- Must be able to work in extreme environmental conditions including excessive heat and cold, noise, vibrations, dust, fumes, oils, and adhere to all company safety requirements.
- Must be able to physically negotiate the hazards of a new construction worksite (e.g. uneven surfaces, floor openings, heights, construction debris and poor lighting) and adhere to all company safety requirements.
- Must be able to work assigned schedule as required by job demands.
We offer market competitive pay, as well as opportunities for advancement, knowledge and skill development, and recognition of individual achievements. In addition, we offer the following benefits to our employees:
- Company Truck
- Company iPhone & iPad
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) retirement program
- Generous holiday and vacation program
About Deer Valley Plumbing Contractors, Inc.:
We are a full service plumbing company servicing the Maricopa County area. We've helped construct many of the finest buildings in the Phoenix Metropolitan area, and we install, repair and remove plumbing systems for homeowners, businesses and contractors. We have been in business for over 25 years and have reputation for quality workmanship.
Company address: 2411 W Lone Cactus Dr, Phoenix, AZ, United States
Posted date: 1 month ago
Browse Construction Plumber jobs in Phoenix, Arizona:
Commercial New Construction Plumber
Collins Commercial Services in Phoenix, AZ
Posted 14 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Plumber - New Construction
koller plumbing (new construction) in Phoenix, AZ
Posted 23 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Plumbers need for Residential New Construction (West and East Valley)
Brewer Enterprises in Phoenix, AZ
Posted 13 days ago on ZipRecruiter