Must Have Family Practice Experience
The Billing Assistant is responsible for the receipt and verification of billing information, generation of appropriate billing forms with accurate and complete information, receipt and posting of billing payments and collections and other related medical billing reports and processes.
High school graduate or equivalent
Supplemental, advanced training in medical terminology, coding and billing preferred.
Minimum of 3 years experience in medical coding and billing, preferably in a physician office or clinic environment
Experience in Medicare/Medicaid billing (HCFA 1500, UB92 Forms)
Basic understanding of state and federal laws, rules and regulation concerned with billing processes and procedures.
Strong computer skills.
Strong organizational skills.
Strong communication skills, both orally and verbal.
1. Assist the Business Office Manager with the proper data entry all providers, patients and billing information into patient accounting system.
2. Assist the Business Office Manager with the proper data entry of billing codes, pricing and other related fees being utilized in the billing process.
3. Responsible for entering the non-payment or denial of a claim and the reason given for that non-payment or denial into the patient accounting system.
4. Responsible for coordinating with and forwarding to the Business Office Manager a report and a copy of the Explanation of Benefits (EOB) for incorrectly/incompletely paid claims on a weekly or as frequently as requested by the Business Office Manager.
5. Responsible for generating daily and weekly transaction reports for review.
6. Responsible for weekly follow-up on all billed services with no payment or response that may require intervention by phone and/or written notices.
7. Responsible for all other duties assigned.
About Dean's Professional Services:
Your Full Service Healthcare Staffing Services
Dean's Professional Services is a National, Award-Winning Staffing Staff Development and Consulting Company. We opened our doors in 1993, specializing in medical staffing and consulting, this is our foundation. Our reputation is and has always been professional. Our goal is to become a seamless extension of your organization, providing a partnership you can rely on.
Divisions of DPS:
DPS Outpatient Staffing Solutions
DPS Inpatient Staffing Solutions
DPS Urgent Care and ER Staffing Solutions
DPS Healthcare Insurance Staffing Solutions
DPS Professional & Administrative Healthcare Staffing
DPS Hospitality & Environmental Staffing Services
DPS IT Healthcare Staffing Solutions
For more information about DPS visit www.deansprofessionalservices.com