$16.50 to $18.50 Hourly
Dental, Life, Vision, Medical
Why Work Here?
“Family owned/operated. Robust benefits package. Annual bonuses, paid holidays and time off and lots more!”
DC Enclosures, Inc is a Sunroom and Enclosure Company specializing in residential and commercial Enclosures. We are located in Kennesaw, Georgia. We are seeking a Permit Expeditor with experience to work with us on our projects. The Expeditor will work with the design teams and project managers in all aspects of the preparation of project plans. This position provides the opportunity for learning, growth and development both personally and professionally.
The candidate will:
- Assist in the acquisition of permits for DC Enclosures projects in various municipalities.
- Keep track of status of all permit applications and file copies of documents in computer files
- Serve as a liaison with building departments
- Reviewing objections
- Prepare conditional use, variance, and zoning applications;
- Talk with planners concerning odd properties, buildings, and signs to find a resolution to the customer’s needs;
- Post approved permits and fees to jobs;
- Stay aware of continuously changing building regulations and notify staff accordingly
- Attend conditional use, variance, zone change, and historical site meetings
- Participate in technical coordination meetings with subcontractors and project staff.
- Assist in executing coordination between, design professionals and contractors from the issuance of construction drawings to the approval of work permits
- Will work on multiple projects at once; must be able to maintain organization of documents
- Take the initiative to assist in speeding up various project approvals
- Be responsible for project data entry, and drafting of various letters/memos
- Review and verify all required documentation, certifications, clearance items, letters, and reports.
- Assist in researching codes and requirements in various municipalities
- Pick up and drop off applications with various building departments
- Prepare forms for submission which include get applications filled out, signed and notarized
- Review plans and any other necessary documents before submission
- Assist in the preparation of variance submissions including mailings, radius maps, etc.
- Keep records, and track submissions through Architectural review boards, Site plan review, Board of zoning appeals, and Board of Trustees
- Assisting closing of permits including acquisition of COs and CCs
- Assist in other office tasks such as filing, data entry, and creation of SOLD folders and presentation packages
- Identify, determine, and apply best practices in job documentation.
- Must have knowledge of Building and Construction industry, including and not limited to materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, exterior landings, steps, or other structures related to clients property.
- Communicate effectively with staff, contractors, homeowners
- Ability to Provide customer service to, contractors, homeowners, and clients.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write the English language with proficiency.
- Work autonomously; deliver the required materials and findings accurately in a timely manner
- Use critical thinking and problem solving to recognize issues as well as identifying quality control
- Document project progress and/or delays through elevations data recording servers.
- Prefer applicant with prior permitting experience
About DC Enclosures, Inc:
DC Enclosures, Inc. is located in Kennesaw, GA. We are a family owned and operated business since 1988. Our company specializes in sales and installation of sunrooms, screen enclosures, and pool enclosures. If you would like to learn more about DC Enclosures, Inc. visit our website at www.dcenclosures.com or look us up on the BBB.
2031 Baker Court NW Kennesaw, GA 30144
3 months ago