The Audit Manager is responsible for leading and managing multiple audit engagements and supervising and developing the firm’s less experienced Senior and Staff level auditors. This position demonstrates a high level of technical competence in accounting, auditing and project management experience.
- Manage and direct multiple engagements involving audits, the rendering of business advisory services, project management, staff supervision, mentorship, training and development and recruitment
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the Firm’s clients, Partners and staff
- Provide guidance and expertise to audit team members and ensure audit procedures are followed
- Collaborate to plan objectives and devise an auditstrategy that appropriately addresses the risk
- Identify and communicate relevant trends, developments and key performance drivers that will benefit the client and enhance the audit team
- Consistently encourage the audit team members that will enhance service delivery
- Keep abreast of accounting and industry changes to continually learn and share knowledge and information with team members that will enhance service delivery
- Establish expectations that will achieve maximum value
- Bachelor’s degree or graduate degree in accounting from an accredited college or university
- CPA preferred
- 3+ years of recent work experience within a midsized OR big 4 public accounting firm OR other industries such as employee benefits, government or not-for-profit organizations
- Proven technical skills is MS Office- including Excel, Word and Lotus Notes
- Solid organizational skills with demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Strong dedication to teamwork