Sorry, this job was closed 2 years ago. See all open Test Technician Jobs in Charlotte, NC
RF Sweep Test Technicians (Wireless)
We are looking to fill RF Technician roles to handle sweep tests on a temporary basis which can lead to a permanent role for our client who is a leading telecommunications company. This is a 5 month assignment which could lead to permanent employment.
Offers a great hourly pay rate, company vehicle and plenty of overtime.
Maintenance of wireless carrier sites; diagnose, test, troubleshoot, and repair sites.
Comply with all safety guidelines and quality standards
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee the daily operations at assigned sites.
- Maintain daily paperwork required for the site and the crew.
- Implement and follow through with job instructions provided by the Project Mgr.
- Ensure the safety & quality control requirements at the site and of the crew.
- Compile all site-specific closeout documentation required per job specifications.
- Coordinate with customer representative for site related activities.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and actively train/promote skills to crew members.
- Maintain equipment and vehicles in company prescribed condition at all times.
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with customer representatives and fellow employees.
- Attend vendor and in-house training and participates in certification programs as necessary
- Pick up/delivery of supplies, tools, equipment, components, etc.
- Adhere to all company, industry and OSHA standards (quality & safety)
- Comply with all company policies and procedures as well as additional regulatory requirements
- Other duties as required
- 3+ years directly related climbing experience in the wireless industry.
- Knowledge of cellular RF installation techniques (weatherproofing, connectors, ground-kit application)
- Knowledge of computers, windows operating system, and Microsoft applications.
- Must have the physical ability, willingness and certification to climb towers in excess of 500 feet
- Climbing, rooftop, over the wall and controlled descent skills, ComTrain certification
- Knowledge of; Sweep Testing with Anritsu, PIM Testing with Kaelus, and Interface with BTS Equipment
- Knowledge of all Antenna Systems Equipment, including but not limited to Antenna, Cable, Connectors, TMAs, Grounding, Weather-proofing and other associated hardware
- Knowledge of; Safety, Rescue, CPR & First Aid, RF Awareness, Crane Rigging and Signaling
- Must provide and have thorough knowledge of basic hand tools as well as general experience with power tools
- Verizon knowledge/experience is a huge plus
- Be available for evening, weekends and rotational assignments
- Advanced knowledge of knots and rigging techniques
- Maintain a clean and valid drivers license in order to operate a company vehicle
- Ability to read, comprehend, and carry out instructions
- Ability to work independently under limited supervision
Physical Aspects of Essential Requirements:
- Uses hands to control, handle or feel objects, tools or controls with high degree of dexterity
- Exposed to outdoor working conditions
- Spends time standing for long periods
- Wears protective and safety equipment such as , safety shoes, safety glasses, hard hat, gloves, hearing protection
- Exposed to high elevations
- Spends time kneeling, crouching, stooping or crawling
- Lifts large heavy objects (up to 50 lbs.)
- Operates power tools
The employee should be prepared to work 40 - 50 hours per week, Monday – Friday and will be expected to work overtime and weekends.
About DAVON Wright Recruiting & Staffing Solutions:
DAVON Wright is a full-service, nationwide staffing firm that places skilled professionals across all sectors and career stages on a permanent or temporary basis.
Posted 2 years ago
Browse Test Technician jobs in Charlotte, North Carolina: