Your feedback helps keep ZipRecruiter safe.
Learn more about how to recognize common online scams
“We do work that you will be proud to point out and say you were a strong contributing team member.”
Davignon Martin Architecture + Interior Design is searching for a STUDIO RESOURCE MANAGER for our Architecture & Interior Design studio. You will perform a dual role that weaves together resource management with project management coordination from an overarching project contract perspective. This is not an individual Project Management role but a planning and project control role that manages the assignment and use of studio resources for all projects vis a vis fees and staff allocation. You will assist in recruiting our studio talent with the HR Director and be responsible for regularly updating and assessing each project’s performance and health. You will gather information from individual project managers on a real time basis and ensure a true report of the project health in our project management software. You will provide the Principals with a clear understanding of the project resources both immediate and for the near future.
The ability to interact positively with team members, garner trust and be a go to team member is a must. The STUDIO RESOURCE MANAGER will oversee both the Calgary and Toronto offices. You will be the liaison between individual project managers’ requirements and the resources that are available to them. You will need an understanding of how fees relate to scope, timelines and resources, though it is not necessary that this experience be strictly in relation to Architectural Projects only. You will be asked to work within or understand the nuances of multiple types of software as it pertains to the ability for staff to perform their work – being tech savvy is a desired asset.
Through your organization and management role, you must have a strong desire and commitment to contribute to the quality of the work that this studio will produce.
· Assess, plan, schedule and program new projects into the Project Management software and assign fees and staff resources per phase;
· Prepare overall project schedules with milestones based on project contract agreements;
· Review the project schedules with Project Managers and input details for teams to follow and adhere to on an ongoing basis;
· Ensure the daily or by-weekly update of each project WIP;
· Report health and progress of each project to the firms' Principals;
· Coordinate strategy sessions between Principals and Project Managers when project health is in question;
· Assess back-log and HR requirements to fulfill the project needs;
· Assist in the assessment of the hiring process by coordinating and managing postings;
· Assist with onboarding new staff;
· Assist with general HR tasks inclusive of, but not limited to vacation requests, studio PD sessions, benefits plan coordination as they influence project delivery.
· Must be proficient in project management software such as Microsoft Office, Microsoft Projects, NewForma or BQECore.
Davignon Martin Architecture + Interior Design is an award winning, client focused studio practice. Our work is inspired and innovative, but also highly technical and intelligently creative. We are extremely metric and believe that this value makes us more efficient and allows us to move time to design creativity while remaining profitable. We have a strong business acumen and believe that this new member will allow us to continue to grow while maintaining the quality of work that we are known for.
We are one studio, but have staff in both Calgary and Toronto and work on projects in multiple provinces. We believe in technology and are looking for a progressive metric minded individual.
Posted date: 15 days ago