Position: EDI DeveloperAddress: Orangeburg, NYLength: 6 mos Rate: 53-58/hr - W2 basis onlySkills Required:
- Must have 5+ years EDI dev/support exp
- Strong knowledge of BizLink AS2 software is mandatory.
- EDI formats, Inovis TrustedLink, BizLink Transformation, VAN, AS2, SQL, PL/SQL, Unix shell scripting
- EDI Experience: Extensive experience with various EDI formats like 850, 856, 818, 841, 864, 846, 852, 869, 870 etc
- Experience with various types of EDI software such as Inovis TrustedLink, BizLink Transformation and data transport mechanism such as VAN, AS2, etc.
- Software Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, Unix shell scripting
Designs and codes from specifications, analyzes, evaluates, tests, debugs, documents, and implements EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) applications. The primary purpose of this job is to enhance EDI platform by implementing and supporting various EDI transactions with existing and new trading partners to meet current and future needs for the VZW enterprise. This position is responsible for working with trading partners to set and meet milestones and deliverables to develop high-quality processes for exchanging of information. This requires understanding the intricacies of the vendors’ business in order to guide them towards integrating with ease and efficiency, building relationships with a portfolio of new vendors and partnering with business and other IT teams to implement business objectives.
Candidate will have a thorough understanding of the EDI requirements and environment as well as trading partners’ EDI capabilities and limitations. Candidate will have hands-on EDI experience, thorough knowledge of XML and EDI (ANSI X12) formats and the ability to provide technical and project leadership for EDI initiatives of the Enterprise. Candidate will use their technical knowledge as well as business knowledge of EDI requirements and vendor processes to develop efficient and scalable EDI processes. The candidate will be responsible for leading the requirements gathering and solution development process and trading partner set up for new vendors, coordinating activities of the EDI team and overseeing and maintaining daily EDI operations. This candidate will be working on three or more strategic initiatives at one time.
The candidate will also be responsible for evaluating and monitoring the cost effectiveness of the current EDI technologies in use and propose new solutions and technologies to support future growth. The candidate needs to support Telematic, ODI, VIPR teams to handle their EDI requirements.