PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
Leads the development and maintenance of new product qualifications, manufacturing quality plans, evaluation of process capability, and supports the development of processes to meet quality, delivery and cost requirements and reduce risk.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
1. Define and document quality requirements and expectations Communicate with customer and supplier representatives on quality-related requirements and issues. Develop qualification requirements for purchased components and services. Develop qualification requirements for new products and processes. Provide expert support of statistical qualification techniques. Provide expertise and guidance in interpreting governmental regulations, ISO/TS standards and internal policies to assure compliance
2. Develop and maintain manufacturing quality plans Develop and maintain manufacturing quality plans including inspection and control plans. Monitor project quality costs; initiate, coordinate or participate in cost improvement plans. Initiate, coordinate or participate in corrective and preventive action plans for internal discrepancies. Design and develop necessary gauging and testing procedures, test fixtures and external visual standards. Provide support for customer complaints, non-conforming material resolution, and root cause corrective actions.
3. Effective use of statistical process variation reduction tools Utilize the appropriate statistical techniques to assess process capability and control processes. Expert understanding of descriptive and predictive statistics. Leadership and maintenance of plant-wide Statistical Process Control system.
4. Support the development of processes to meet quality, delivery and cost requirements Provide the quality engineering required for the development of new processes as part of project support. Apply preventive techniques to reduce variation and non-value-added costs.
~ continued on following page ~
5. Leads projects to upgrade Quality Management System and reduce waste Provides project management skills for product, process, methods, and system improvements utilizing teams within and outside of the Quality Department Provides leadership in establishing a Quality culture and integrity of the Quality Management System. Provides analysis of current and potential waste a makes recommendations to mitigate costs and risk.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION PREFERRED:
Essential Qualifications Technical competence as demonstrated by a four-year degree in Engineering or related technical field, with a minimum of 5 years related experience. Exceptional experience and ASQ certification preferred. Proficient in the use of personal computers, Microsoft Office software, and statistical software. Experience developing new product and process qualification plans and manufacturing quality plans. Experience conducting process capability studies utilizing root cause analysis, design of experiments, statistical process control, and other techniques. Proven project management skills with a team focus. Experience optimizing processes to achieve ongoing cost reductions and reduction of risk. ASQ or similar professional certification. Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills.
Desired Qualifications Experience in quality engineering in a precision machining environment. Experience in the application of World Class Manufacturing principles. Experience with APQP and PPAP qualifications. Experience working with Automotive and Medical products and standards. Experience with Zeiss-Calypso CMM programming or operation. Experience leading the implementation of TQM or Six-Sigma quality initiatives. Experience utilizing Quality databases and ERP systems. Experi