We are searching for a Geriatric Nurse Practitioner for Pennsauken, NJ. Following initial and semi-annual assessments completed by the physician, you will perform additional physical assessments of participants as needed and develop and implement appropriate plans of care to LL program participants. In addition, evaluate participant physical complaints and provides appropriate treatment. Provide participant and caregiver teaching and education. Functions as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT). Provides daily oversight of LL Clinic. Rounds in the LL contracted nursing homes. Regularly informs the IDT of the medical condition of each participant, remaining alert to pertinent input from other team members, participant's caregivers, as well as documenting changes in a participant's medical record consistent with documentation policies.
1. Current RN licensure in the State of New Jersey
2. Current driver's license and proof of insurance
3. Certification as a Nurse Practitioner with prescriptive authority
1. Enthusiasm for geriatric medicine and issues in caring for the geriatric population.
2. Ability to work as a member of the multi-disciplinary team in a community-based setting and institutional health delivery system.
3. Supervisory, leadership, and management skills
4. Understanding and willingness to learn and work with cultural factors that affect the health care of aging persons.
5. Good judgment, problem-solving and cognitive skills.
Preferred knowledge and skills necessary to perform this job: Experience with Geriatric Patients.