“20% of our employees have been with us for over 20 years. 11% have been with us for over 30 years.”
The Production Manager coordinates the activities of the Pressline Department. This individual is a subject matter expert regarding mold changes, mold and press machine condition, and troubleshooting. In the role of department supervisor, he or she provides guidance and training to staff and coordinates with Human Resources in hiring and on-boarding activities. This manager is expected to actively develop employees for additional skills and responsibilities and to assist the VP of Manufacturing in the efficient operation of the plant.
The ideal candidate has experience in LEAN, use of management resource planning (MRP/ERP) systems, and quality assurance procedures.
1. Train, monitor and appraise the activities of employees in the production/pressline department;
2. Communicate with department leads to ensure smooth operation of all shifts;
3. Coordinate with the CSR, material and inspection departments regarding schedules to meet customer demands;
4. Make material and press assignments, as necessary, to meet production schedules and company goals;
5. Ensure that quality goals and process roles are being met;
6. Coordinate with VP of Manufacturing and Tool Room Supervisor to schedule mold repairs and/or manufacture of replacement molds;
7. Create and follow processes and procedures;
8. Enforce all safety practices;
9. Provide training to all levels of operators, mold cleaners, set-up technicians, and leads. This may involve performing basic press duties as part of the coaching process;
11. Perform other duties as assigned by the VP of Manufacturing.
1. At least 5 years of applicable experience with progressive responsibility in a manufacturing production environment.
2. Expert level skills in the areas of employee training & development, press operations, mold care, scheduling and prioritizing, quality standards, and troubleshooting of quality issues.
3. Experience navigating a high-volume MRP system at an expert level in a manufacturing environment.
4. Full understanding of LEAN methodologies as demonstrated by the implementation of quality initiatives.
About Da/Pro Rubber, Inc.:
Da/Pro Rubber is a manufacturer of high-quality, custom precision rubber & plastic parts used in a variety of industries including aerospace, medical & consumer products. We are growing and expanding and need reliable, hard-working individuals who have a desire to be part of our growing team long-term. Our core values are family, commitment, desire to learn, enthusiasm and thoroughness. We hire people who share these values and promote people who demonstrate these values.