Sorry, this job was closed 10 months ago. See all open Fleet Manager Jobs in Phoenix, AZ
Compensation$12 to $15 Hourly
Benefits Offered401K, Medical
ABOUT THE INDUSTRY
Bike share is a healthy and sustainable form of public transportation in which bicycles are made available for shared use by individuals on a short term basis. Proven to be incredibly successful in over 800 cities around the globe, bike share provides a fun and healthy way to commute to work, zip around town and explore the sights. In 2016, it's projected that over 100 cities in North America will have bike share programs. Bike share is also appealing to university and corporate campuses. Similar to car share, bike share is seeing tremendous growth and strong demand and usage by consumers. The Grid Bike Share program is a healthy, fun and economical transportation option that enhances the way we get around. Residents and visitors alike are able to quickly and easily access a public bicycle near places of employment, tourist destinations, shops and restaurants, educational institutions and transit stops.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
CycleHop is the parent company of Grid Bike Share and is a leading bike-share operator in North America, managing municipal and private bike-share programs in 11+ cities including Santa Monica, San Ramon, Long Beach, West Hollywood, Phoenix, Mesa, Atlanta, Orlando, Tampa, Cleveland, Vancouver, Ottawa and more.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Grid is seeking an experienced bike mechanic to manage all aspects of bicycle assembly, maintenance, and repair. Training on technical and unique aspects of Bike Share bikes will be provided. You’ll be a part of a team that focuses on a bicycle transportation system with emphasis on community integration. Bike Mechanics with commercial or personal driving experience (with a clean record) will be prioritized for the program.
Core program functions include: day-to-day operations, general field operations including installation and logistics, maintenance of system assets, repair of equipment, logging activities in the software portal, rebalancing of the bicycle fleet and general shop operations, driving rebalancing vehicles, lifting and loading bicycles. You’ll have an opportunity to work in a unique environment and make positive change within the community.
- Interact with customers and potential customers in public
- Inspect and evaluate bicycles and bike share stations for safety, function, and cleanliness
- Perform routine bicycle maintenance and cleaning, and repairs as necessary
- Identify and report bicycles in need of in house repair
- Use Social Bicycles mobile technology to assist in all facets of operations
- Perform routine station maintenance, and repairs as necessary
- Identify, report, and resolve, if possible, all station malfunctions and/or problems
- Assist with station assembly and installation as necessary/assigned.
- Retrieve bicycles tagged for in house repair
- If necessary, drive a van or truck with trailer to redistribute bikes as required, based on realtime demand data
- Receive training in all aspects of Grid Bike ShareREQUIREMENTS
- 1 to 3+ years experience in professional bicycle repair.
- Mechanical and technical aptitude
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to be both self-directed and to work well in a collaborative team environment
- Comfortable with fast paced response times for repairs and driving, and active warehouse/shop environment
- Can lift up to 60 lbs, stoop, bend, and stand for long periods
- Willingness and ability to work off hours and/or weekends
- Experience with hand, air and power tools
- Experience with computer network wiring and/or solar panel construction/wiring a plus
- Previous bicycle, mechanical and/or logistics experience required
- Excitement and interest in bike sharing a must
- Interpersonal skills; ability to maintain confidentiality; remain open to others' ideas; demonstrate patience and willingness to try new things.
- Valid driver’s license and clean record required
- Sense of humor required
About Cyclehop LLC:
CycleHop is the largest Smart Bike bike share program operator in North America. We plan, implement and operate leading active transit systems, delivering turnkey bike share solutions for cities, universities, hotels and property owners. Bike share brings convenient, healthy, affordable, sustainable, and always fun personal transit to the masses. Nurturing the evolution of this personal mobility revolution is our passion.
Posted date: 11 months ago
Browse Fleet Manager jobs in Phoenix, AZ:
Phoenix Senior Fleet Manager (Evening Shift)
United Petroleum Transports in Phoenix, AZ
Posted 20 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Stern Produce in Phoenix, AZ
Posted 13 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Fleet Maintenance Director
DIAMOND ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES LP in Phoenix, AZ
Posted 15 days ago on ZipRecruiter