Sorry, this job was closed 11 months ago. See all open
“It is our mission to attract, develop, motivate and retain a diverse workforce within a supportive environment.”
Cutler is seeking a professional landscaper with knowledge in all phases of commercial landscaping to join our team.
This is a year-round, full-time position and an excellent growth opportunity for a motivated person! We offer competitive pay and full benefits.
Commercial Landscaper Job Duties:
Spring Clean Up
Raking of all lawn areas by use of flexible leaf rake or mechanical sweepers to remove winter debris and stimulate new growth.
Removal and proper disposal of all leaves, trash, and debris from all beds, lawns, and sidewalks.
Repair of any minor plow damage by top dressing and seeding.
Pruning of winter damaged shrubs and reporting of any dead shrubs to management.
Edging of all ornamental beds bordered by grass (minimum depth of 3").
Mowing of all lawn areas weekly or as needed. Lawns to be maintained at 2 1/2" of height or less.
Maintain sharply edged grassy areas along walks and curbing throughout the season.
Keep all stairs, walks, ground level patios and parking areas free of grass cuttings and leaves.
Maintain neatly edged, weed free beds.
All shrubs shall be sheared, pruned, and shaped, the frequency of which will depend on their species and purpose, to insure neat plants at all times.
Fall Clean Up
Removal of all fallen leaves from lawn areas and shrub beds through December 1st.
Annual beds cleaned and raked smooth.
All trees will be regularly inspected for damage or dead limbs, all of which will be reported to management.
Removal and proper disposal of all debris related to the maintenance described above.
Deliver and install bark mulch as needed
Interior Plant Maintenance
Weekly watering, trimming and cleaning of all plants
Prune and fertilize to retain optimum appearance and health
Inspect and treat for insects, mites and disease
Re-pot plants as needed
Participate in snow removal/sanding during winter months.
Nights, weekends and overtime will be required dependent on the timing of the weather.
Landscaper Skills and Qualifications
· Must be Reliable, hardworking and detail oriented
· Must be able to stay on task and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
· Must have the ability to relate well to coworkers and management
· Good oral and written communication skills, job planning skills, and mechanical aptitude
· experience with fertilizers and/or fertilizer license is a plus (or the willingness to get the license)
· Knowledge of landscaping equipment use and preventative maintenance (mowers, skid steer, weed whackers, blowers, chain saws etc.)
· Mowing, weeding, pruning, mulching and planting experience, and knowledge of all other aspects of landscape maintenance
· Knowledge of interior plant maintenance
· Vehicle & machinery maintenance skills
· Sufficient computer and phone skills to send and retrieve emails and pictures, and research relevant information on the internet when needed
· Knowledge of Bob Cat and a Massachusetts Hoisting License is a plus
· Participation in snow removal/sanding during winter months which would include nights, weekends and overtime.
· MA DOT CARD OR THE ABILITY TO OBTAIN ONE
· VALID DRIVERS LICENCE AND GOOD DRIVING RECORD
· RELIABLE TRANSPORTATION
· HS DIPLOMA OR EQUIVALENT
· 2 YEARS PROFESSIONAL LANDSCAPING EXPERIENCE
Please apply in person at Cutler Management: 130 Elm Street, Worcester MA 01609.
Applications can be emailed to candidates upon request.
Cutler Management Corp. has been managing commercial real estate in Massachusetts for almost 40 years. We are a dedicated, professional, full-service management company.
Posted date: 1 year ago
Browse General Labor jobs in Worcester MA USA:
TRS Craft Services Charleston in Worcester, MA
Posted 8 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Catseye Pest Control in Hopkinton, MA
Posted 27 days ago on ZipRecruiter
TruGreen in Worcester, MA
Posted 26 days ago on ZipRecruiter