Several Web Developers are needed for major new Federal job in the Washington DC area:
Web Developer / Web Administrator with U.S. Citizenship. The position is located in Northeast Washington, DC.
Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations:
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain static and dynamic Web sites and applications according to user requirements for multiple Internet and intranet sites.
- Develop application software/components as required to support the associated environment.
- Elicit and document user requirements, incorporating usability best practices.
- Document and test all work products and changes before deployment to production.
- Scan all developed code for known security vulnerabilities and resolve them to produce secure, error-free code.
- Monitor Web usage statistics and produce/update analytics reports.
- Identify, diagnose, and fix Web site problems.
- Operate, maintain, and administer Web development, presentation, and hosting tools (including media, content management, trouble ticket tracking, and version control systems).
- Collect information and prepare documents required in the Certification and Accreditation of systems.
- Work closely with customers and other team members to meet business needs.
- 2 – 7+ years as a Web Developer / Web Administrator
- LAMP stack
- PHP-based Content Management System (CMS) experience
- Model–View–Controller (MVC)
- Application of secure coding practices and vulnerability assessment
- Configuration and use of Apache Subversion (SVN), or similar a plus
- Able to write code utilizing Object Oriented Programming practices
- Capable of diagnosing errors and debugging
- Able to debug and/or leverage multi-dimensional arrays
- JQuery experience a plus
- Database design and implementation
- SQL syntax and best practices
- DDL Creation and execution
- Database diagramming and documentation
- Familiarity from user perspective
- Administration (using WordPress UI)
- Experience selecting plugins/themes to meet a customer requirements
- Modifying and extending existing plugins/themes
- Custom theme development
- Custom plugin development
- PHP programming (OOP)
- Secure deployment skills
- WordPress hardening
- Familiar with Web site attack techniques, both the type which can be detected by scanning, and those that require deeper understanding of application.
- Familiar with common practices and techniques to protect Web applications
- Familiar with Web application firewalls
- Familiar with Core Rule Set (CRS)
- Experience and/or familiarity with writing custom rules
- ModSecurity debugging and troubleshooting practices
- DNS maintenance
- Shell scripts
- Cron jobs
- User administration
Apache Web Server
- Service configuration
- VirtualHost directives
- Reverse proxy directives
- mod_rewrite directives
- Experience with Tomcat a plus
About Custom Software Systems, Inc.:
Headquartered in Leesburg, Virginia, Custom Software Systems, Inc. (CSS) is a Woman-Owned (WOSB) and HUBZone certified small business. Built on a foundation of trusted client partnerships, CSS has fostered a stakeholder-centric yet disciplined approach to IT solutions development. This ensures our ability to consistently meet or exceed our customers' expectations.
CSS is a very employee oriented company knowing that well trained, professional associates are what make our company great. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes: paid holidays and paid time off; medical insurance that includes vision; dental insurance; long and short-term disability; a Simple IRA plan; parking and commuter reimbursement. We also work with our employees on training and professional conference plans that benefit the employee, the client and CSS - a win-win-win strategy.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
CSS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. CSS complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
CSS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of CSS employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.