Business Objects Data Services ETL Architect/Lead
The Business Objects Data Services ETL Architect/Lead is responsible for maintaining the design and enhancement activities (ETL Module Design and Development, Data Mining and Acquisition) within the Data Warehousing Team. This individual will be an authority on their area of expertise as it relates to maintenance and operations of Data Warehouses for the FDIC. This person will be responsible for leading the ETL Team and guiding the team to use proper standards and industry best practices for ETL, BI and EDW.
- Act as an Authority in ETL area of expertise, specifically BO Data Services for DSS/DW maintenance
- Provide as needed DW enhancement and maintenance as defined in agreements
- Be a mentor between Data Warehouse Consultants and Data Management team for solutions, issues, and status
ETL Module Design
- Develop Data Flow diagrams and Source-to-Target mapping
- Assist with the integration of Advantage Suite and external Data Sources
- Monitor and improve performance of the ETL applications
- Assist data managers and developers with transformation rules and job scheduling
ETL Application Development
- Maintain, construct and/or configure applications for data interfaces and conversion
- Customize, configure and utilize ETL tools as needed
- Validate and maintain applications according to functionality and performance requirements
- Provide input to Product Development on ETL requirements for enhancements or changes
- Establish baselines, evaluate ongoing performance and escalate issues
- Provide input regarding metadata management content
- Enforce data integrity and quality standards through process and DQI
- Minimum of 5 years of IT experience with 3 years focused in data warehousing or business intelligence
- 2 to 3 years Experience with ETL processes and applications, specifically BO Data Services
- Experience in Data Mining techniques and analysis
- Demonstrated success in maintaining and enhancing on-time DW/BI systems
- Demonstrated ability to interact with cross functional workgroups
- Ability to adapt and flourish in a fast-paced business environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with one or more RDBMS (Oracle, Teradata, DB2)
- Experience with Business Objects
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering
We seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other protected classification under country or local law. CSS is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Must be U.S. Citizen or Greencard Holder to apply
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Job Type: Standard
About Custom Software Systems, Inc.:
Headquartered in Leesburg, Virginia, Custom Software Systems, Inc. (CSS) is a certified Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) and HUBZone certified business. Built on a foundation of trusted client partnerships, CSS has fostered a stakeholder-centric yet disciplined approach to IT solutions development. This ensures our ability to consistently deliver on time and within budget and to meet or exceed our customers' expectations.
CSS is a very employee oriented company knowing that well trained, professional employees are what make a company great. We provide flexible pay plans including full benefits as well as the option to not take certain benefits allowing the employee to obtain a higher pay in place of benefits not received (cafeteria style plan). We also work with our employees on training and professional conference plans that benefit the employee, the client and CSS - a win-win-win strategy.
CSS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. CSS complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
CSS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of CSS employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.