Your feedback helps keep ZipRecruiter safe.
Learn more about how to recognize common online scams
“Team environment, Opportunity for professional/financial growth, make a positive impact with your work immediately, revolutionize healthcare”
What you’re applying for:
Mid-stage tech startup in the genetics industry seeks highly motivated top performer to fill a new opening for CTO. This is an opportunity for a talented visionary to get in on the ground floor of one of the most rapidly growing companies in the industry. Like getting hired at Amazon before they launched 2-day shipping, or Apple just before the launch of the iPhone. In the words of Steve Jobs, this is your chance to “make a little dent in the universe.”
CRI Genetics is seeking an experienced Chief Technical Officer to join our company for a newly created position to help drive technological improvements by increasing our technical standards, guiding our developer team, optimizing current processes and helping create high standards across all of our products, product delivery processes, data flow, and customer facing assets. In order to create an overall incredible experience for the customer as well as well optimized system internally to support our overall personnel growth as well as customer base at scale.
CRI Genetics is a well-established, and rapidly growing genetics company. Our founders built the company from the ground up and we remain completely self-owned and funded; no outside investors. At our El Segundo office we pride ourselves on achieving results while maintaining a laid-back company culture.
Our mission is to unlock complex information in human DNA and present it to consumers in a way that is easy to understand. The goal is to allow individuals to learn more about themselves through genetic testing. Our company's mission also includes utilizing genetic analysis in solving complex medical subjects, to discover new information with the goal of improving human life and furthering our understanding of genetics.
· Set technological standards for the organization
· On-time development and implementation of new software products and new systems
· Optimization and Modernization of existing systems and processes
· Ensure system infrastructure meets the needs the of business
· Work with various departments utilizing technology profitably
· Ensure all team members are highly productive and meet KPI’s
· Ensure critical networks remain secure
· Maintain high uptime for all critical systems
· Ensure return on IT spending & Optimize systems to maximize profitability
· Independently trusted to make leadership decisions to get results
· Organize developer department to run as a software company
· Hire additional 2 Senior Full Stack Developer – 1 with heavy Software Architecture experience, the other with heavy Database Structure experience.
· 10+ years in management of software development
· Last 5+ years in management and strategy
· Track record of coaching/mentoring growing talent
· Track record of executive technology-based solutions
· Balancing cost, results and time of delivery
· Experience managing large and small teams
· Experience within startups that scale
· Experience within larger organizations
· Managing small teams to gain massive results and Scaling teams
· Managing complex systems and planning complex system builds
· Implementing cross system data and breach security, internal & external
· Implementing cross training and team member skill redundancy
· Experience with commercial software development Java, CSS3, HTML5,
· Experience with cloud technologies: AWS, Microsoft 0365, Azure,
· Familiarity with Python, Java, PHP, MYSQL, SQL
MS/BS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar industry
Our mission at CRI Genetics is to unlock the treasure trove of secrets hidden in your genetic code. Find your hidden abilities, achieve your goals, and understand how to achieve results in your life. When you understand your genetics, you open a wealth of additional opportunities.
In order achieve our mission, we are seeking talented, self-driven individuals who are ready to commit to our mission and help us make a difference in the world. At CRI Genetics, we don’t micromanage so you have the freedom to innovate and experiment to drive results. We invest in growth and education with company paid books and classes, offer an excellent benefits package, and provide company stock(RSUs) so you benefit directly from driving company growth.
Learn more about the company here: www.crigenetics.com/careers