Sorry, this job was closed 3 years ago. See all open Staff Accountant Jobs in Charlotte, NC
Responsible for completion and maintenance of general ledgers and financial reports. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting. Skills equivalent to 2-5 years in comparable position
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and enter standard and ad hoc journal entries;
- Prepare account reconciliations and rollforwards;
- Perform monthly variance analysis with respect to fixed assets, depreciation and amortization expense, intangibles and other accounts as appropriate;
- Review fixed asset records with Operations and assist in preparing transfers and retirements related to asset life management transations, ensuring adherance to financial policies.
- Provide support to ACE and departmental management in the understanding of accounting issues surrounding tangible and intangible assets;
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley as applicable; Implement new controls and procedures as appropriate; Update standard costing metodologies to be applied to various capitalizable projects and identify areas for improvement/consistency in the application among divisions.
Top 3-5 must haves:
- 2- 5 years general accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountin
- Strong Excel skill and People soft experience preferred
Accounting degree required
Posted date: 3 years ago
Browse Staff Accountant jobs in Charlotte, North Carolina: