Responsible for all manufacturing and support functions for the overall operational effectiveness of the company. Skills for management of production, maintenance, material management, quality, safety, and tooling are critical to success.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
· Lead a team that operates in a continuous improvement environment to minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, facilities, materials and capital.
· Champion a team-based work environment.
· Continuously improve safety culture through a proactive approach.
· Plan, organize and direct the manufacturing and maintenance operations which ensure the most effective return on assets.
· Identify and implement opportunities for improvement to labor, machine rate versus target, scrap, etc.
· Work with maintenance to ensure machine uptime, including coordinating of preventative maintenance with production schedules.
· Implement waste elimination practices and reduce tool changeover time.
· Maintain manufacturing communications; production and shift meetings.
· Meet business objectives and production schedules while ensuring product standards will exceed our customers’ expectations.
· Collect, interpret and report monthly performance data generated from all sources.
· Actively participate with the Engineering Department for repairs-what is required to be done by when and when is tool required back in production.
· Ensure plant safety procedures are being followed.
· Develops and presents action plans with supporting budget requests and estimates as required to meet site business goals and needs.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Minimum of 8 years experience in manufacturing operations with a minimum of 3 years of experience in leadership position
· Thermoforming and extrusion experience preferred
· GMP and food safety experience a plus
· Project management a plus
· Proven people management skills and ability to develop a team
· Office computer skills with emphasis on Excel
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Mechanical Aptitude is a must
Company address:3706 Enterprise Drive, Janesville WI